best small chipper

damian

I did know they weren't your chippers mate :grinning-smiley-003

Hence the reason I mentioned the blades, I hired a few machines to see how they performed before i bought a new one and got really pee,d off with companies telling me they had just put brand new blades in that day after I ask if the blades are sharp, only to find when they are bolloxed when I got the machine to site

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you not just change the blades, in any machine? Nice Friday pm wind-down job.

Radio 4 pumping, a small glass of claret on the toolchest, hardly feels like a job, and your machines will live a lot longer for doing something that costs very little in the scheme of things.

Why would you not just change the blades, in any machine? Nice Friday pm wind-down job.

Radio 4 pumping, a small glass of claret on the toolchest, hardly feels like a job, and your machines will live a lot longer for doing something that costs very little in the scheme of things.

Cos I'm normally fixing something else the lads have smashed up instead! The chippers get serviced on the hour clock - grease every 40 hrs (blade attention if necessary), full service every 100. If there is a blade issue in between it is usually because someone has decided re-bar looks like a branch. It probably doesn't sound it but I am very sympathetic mechanically and I spend a lot of time on machine/vehicle maintenance. Blade life is one of the reasons I run GM chippers - the disks last for ages without attention.

I also had this 1 and then they had the balls to try and charge me for new blades, the only way is to say lets have a shufty at the blades before taking it away.

a mate of mine swares by his little jobo (wrong spelling I know but you know what I mean)

and tackles some fair size jobs with it, hope to have a go for myself soon as have a job that will suit it.

Best small chipper under 750kg has got to be Timberwolf 18/100G, push it about on your own, put it behind good garden tractor, and if it starts it will chip aslong as the blades are sharp. The Quad chip ever one is on about has had a problem with the turn table an engneering company near me has just fixed one. Theres so many on the market know take your pick orange, green, yellow.

I would be interested in the Quad story, that turntable doesn't bust easily. PM me the details please. Why did a local engineer "fix" it when the factory would have done it buckshee!

Morning,

My experience with Greenmech is currently limited to the CS100.

My next chipper will probably be a Quadchip based on the user reports I've read.

I don't need a demo to to know that the Quadchip will be be an excellent machine.

Given the performance of the CS100 and the excellent customer service and spares backup I have received in 190 hours of wee chipper chipping (I put an hour clock on from new)

If you have a problem with a machine you must inform the manufacturer a.s.a.p.

That is the best route and the way forward when it comes to correcting faults and developing the product.

Ty

Thanks for the PM WoodyPaul, If that is the one I think it is, some damage to the machine did occur, it was a tracked machine and they used an anchor point above the ring gear to attach a rope and pull something. Not advisable...

I think that we had a couple of locking pins seize when the transport lock has not been used, but the platform and ring is a solid piece of stuff!