Is there a northern Spudulike?

growforest

The saw had a blue coil, it had the max revs engraved in to the side of it and the tach would not read beyond the set max revs so it is a LIMITED coil.

The saw was set lean at the top end when it came in - well in to where the rev limited coil was kicking in, the owner had said it lacked power so I retuned it for him, on a tight timescale and he is happy with it and this was around 6-8 months ago, I really dont understand where this is going???:confused1:

Just pointing out that the respose given by the tech may in fact have been right. Classic example of how some dealers/techs undeservedly get a bad name.

Tuning "by ear" was the right response to give...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just pointing out that the respose given by the tech may in fact have been right. Classic example of how some dealers/techs undeservedly get a bad name.

Tuning "by ear" was the right response to give...

OK, thanks for clearing this up, the original setting the tech did was correct even though the saw wasn't running right:confused1:

But what do I know, sounds like very little compared to most!

These points have been addressed mostly earlier in the thread if you had read it all...I see little point in this post other than trying to stir things up. Forums fine as it is :001_smile:

I have read the thread as I read every other that I post in. "Common sense" was the answer to the extent to which one is allowed to promote their financial interests. Which in my opinion gives quite a bit of leeway and should be outlined more in the rules, such that this situation does not arise again in the future.

There is no situation...just a few people stirring a pot that doesnt need stirring. Don't worry yourself over it :)

That sounds remarkably like what my wife tells me when shes cooking and i start stirring a pot for an excuse to stick my finger in and taste!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

I've been reading this thread, reframed from commenting, but am pleased to see your common sense prevailing over it!!!! :thumbup:

Do you have to keep popping up spoiling the thread that you started :001_rolleyes::lol: (just joking before the next round starts) and in answer to you, it wouldn't appear so.

I was also wondering if the original post was going to be answered at some point lol :lol:

tell me if im wrong megatron

but the first link is for porting a saw with a main dealer dont do

the 2nd u kindly highlighted in red about postage but to me i read the bottem line i would say spud is pushing him towords a dealer

i wont mention dealers but through what i have seen and hurd i dont have much faith in them.

way is it i brought 2 new saws becauce the dealer said it was scrap. it wont run again is the words they used

at a nice cost of around 900 pound

TALKING to spud and reading the whats on my bench fourm i now have the 2 saws THAT WOULD NOT RUN AGAIN running and they cost me about 200 pounds to fix

so why did i have to spend 900 pounds on 2 new saws

are u saying that a person is not alowed to give advice

port saws when dealer dont port saws

and say if the dealer cant sort it give me a shot

i cant see whats wrong with that

The reference to the ported saw was info for me at my request . I asked spud if he would port my saw . He said yes , it will cost x amount . I said o.k. I have to say its the best value I have had in a long , long time . Remember , I asked him .