Is there a northern Spudulike?

growforest

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course not Alec, there are hundreds of posts in Arbtalk commending companies that have no affiliation with Arbtalk. This has never been an issue :)

Thanks Steve - there you go Rich2484, post away on all your good experiences :001_smile:

For what it's worth, the Makita dealer in West Kingsdown in Kent is really excellent. Haven't used them for chainsaws, but they keep the salvageable bits of dead Makita tools in boxes in the workshop and will happily have a rummage around before you have to order a new bit!

Alec

No affiliation with arbtalk. Not going to happen as they are on hear somewhere and if they are not and read anything that is said they will join pay and the get it removed quick!

Just had a really good read through the rules (guidelines) it says nowhere in plain English that bad experiences with a dealer cannot be posted? Or is it there but I missed it with the very complicated use of the English language to confuse simple people?

Just asking not starting anything or looking for trouble.

Not going to happen as they are on hear somewhere and if they are not and read anything that is said they will join pay and the get it removed quick!

Thanks for the vote of confidence Rich....but that isn't how it works round here....in fact the post would be more likely to stay if anything if the person in question was a sponsor as at least they could fight their corner.

Anyway, the short answer to your question...is no, you arent allowed to come on and name and shame a dealer you have had poor experience with. The reason for this is simple...people have a habit of bending the truth to match their own perception of events, so effectively if I relaxed the rules, 1 person could come on here and give someone a proper good slagging just because they had sour grapes over something. The knock on effect to the dealers business could be significant. Sure there are probably some genuine cases, but it's not my job to police who is telling the truth and who is abusing their use of the forum just for a little payback.

Heres just one example of something that happened on the forum, going back probably 4 years now. A member posted of a bad experience they had with a company over a certain product. I forget the exact details....but the thread seemed genuine enough, and it certainly wouldnt have done the dealer any favours. About 10 minutes later my phone starts ringing....and after a very interested conversation I find out that the person in question was actually in debt to the company for some £2000 dating back 6 months.

I don't think I really need to give a better reason than that to justify my stance on these matters.

Credit where credits due DM Chainsaws in Yapton west sussex have been servicing saws for my family for nearly 20 years and have never once been anything other than true professionals :thumbup1:

Matt the co owners is on hand 6 days a week and wheather its for advice or new kit cant be beaten imho.

Blimey, I have driven back from work, had a plate of grub and a shower - looks like World war three has kicked off:lol:

Love the Scottish Spud types:lol: Thanks Steve:thumbup:

Firstly, thanks for the positive comments by members and now some friends.

For the record - The last word will be Steve Bullmans, if he says the end is nigh then it probably is, closely followed by the Mods, like I said in my earlier post, if there are any problems or issues with what I am doing or posting or with the good people that sponsor this site then ANY of the Mods or Steve can get in touch and I will adhere to their guidlines as I have in the past and will in the future.

I joined the site a while ago, it was a bit light on chainsaw technical threads so tried to add a little of my own style on it. Got to say the "Whats on your bench" and the "Boys Day Out" threads have been a success and the latter a very good crack:thumbup:

Cheers

Just saying what I've read!

Damn these cravings now I've forgotten what I was going to write.

Does it come under the flaming part in the rules?

Ive seen it before on a forum to do with guns and they removed to general chat part, it was like a mass exodus from the site. All because a dealer was given a bad review by a poster saying they were arrogant and all they wanted to do was sell them new guns instead of fixing the old one. Sounds pretty familiar. They had some sponsor in the site so they removed it.

Bad experiences with dealers are a common thing, I have yet to find one I would recommend to people as other people have said they have as well.

If dealers know ther eis an obviouse problem then surely constructive criticism should be seen, bad customer service leads to no customers.

Waiting to get shot down pretty quick with this but I like to get a point straight and true.

I think Spud, Elfinwood and the rest add way more than they take (if that's even the right word) from here. Personally it's nice to know that people back up what they say on here - all the videos, positive reviews etc. posted by Spud just add weight to his opinions.

Think Steve is 100% right on this one - common sense rules the day!

I think Spud, Elfinwood and the rest add way more than they take (if that's even the right word) from here. Personally it's nice to know that people back up what they say on here - all the videos, positive reviews etc. posted by Spud just add weight to his opinions.

Think Steve is 100% right on this one - common sense rules the day!

THANK YOU. :thumbup: