Derek Trimblits

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many m is half a season?

Half a mile/800m?

£25 / 800 = just over 3p/m...

so its no2 which are the best ones as dorset was asking was it I or 2 rover has spoken its 2. get hold of firm dorset see if they will give you a free pair as mine are as good as new and i was working them hard last season.

was looking at getting a second pair just in case but if they are as good as they are now do not need a second pair.

looks as if they will be the fashion accessory of any hedgelayer:biggrin:

mine are essential part of my kit be lost without them.

thanks Rover for your recommendation nearly a year ago

are you going to Nats Rover as on your doorstep

Probably will but depends a little on vehicle use (in the process of deciding to change the number of cars/trucks in our household) as my wife needs to be in Leicester that weekend.

I won't compete, not really my thing (not scared of losing but I'm very much a FFF kind of guy -Form Follows Function- and the championships tend to be the opposite...)

I bought some Kevlar palm gloves once, for handling cactus.

The cactus spines were rather skinny and it did not quite work.

But the gloves are sold for handling barbed wire fencing. Check farm supply places.

These gloves might just work for Hawthorn. Is that a native there. We have one native Hawthorn here.

I did have this in another post but got no answers so re listing again in here

watched all the info about the ripeur 2 gloves

ummed & arred then got some mid season (jan/feb) wow no more thorns bar the odd 1 through the seam brilliant I thought,

only thing have worn through the fingers very quickly (I thought) just under 1/2 a season will need another pair for next/this season, they weren't doing masses of just thorn , just a good old mixed hedging, but they were in use for the remaining of the season 3/4 months.

What others getting out of them ??

Think I will get some more

Spoke to Safety Hut they "have never had any complaints" so no money back discount etc

but have ordered some more and they do work.....a word to all if they dont have your size showing on there site ring and ask i found out they dont always show all the sizes if they only have 1 or 2 pairs left in stock, as you are then turning people down

Maybe I just work to hard

IMG_0251.jpg.c9055326f486b01207026eb5cc6300e5.jpg