Best gloves for Hawthorne

Derek Trimblits

over the years I've found the absolute best gloves for hawthorn and blackthorn are somebody elses, with there hands in them, doesnt matter what you get, some of the thorns will get you somewhere

not with these if they do start to go in which is rare just let go never had a thorn in hand since using

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I've used the welding gloves for a good while there not the best by any means and there are those razor wire onse out there but what you really want and especially if your using a billhook is some of the old leather onse that were mittens with no fingers ive contacted so many people but my best guess is they were home made at least the very thick onse you see about were although some were made by leather workers or someone in that field in the rural area like a saddle maker perhaps I'll try and attach an image or two to give a better idea. Would happily buy a pint to anyone who has any info on them or someone who'd make one cheers.

• 1 month later...

I've come across this thread after searching the web for gloves suitable for hedging.

Welding gloves .... every time I'm seduced by the looks of a new pair, these look good ones I thinks to myself. Sadly they rarely enter the second day of battle intact.

I spoke to a lady last week who invited me to view the pair of gloves she had bought for her husband. They sound the real McCoy and expensive but she wouldn't say exactly how much. I'll find out where from too.

I've got one of the old heavy leather mitten ones. One day I'd like to use it as template and try and make one. I think one problems is getting suitable leather, I think the original is chrome tanned and thick, not what you come across easily nowadays, might not be available at all.

Nice video, hadn't seen that one.

Edited by SWB58
Addition