council competing against us! disgusting!

simonm

seen it with County councils , borough councils & now even housing associations

all have some funding from the public purse & are therefore artificially helped to compete

it doesn’t always mean they are competitive though,

however as buyers institutions are in the unique position to potentially ask external commercial company’s for quotes to do work &

in theory they could then use that same commercial information for themselves to bid on other work....which potentially could be against those very same companies..

another second tier of the public sector ,, this time pushing the commercial guys further to the wall

seems like a mad thought but why not do the rational thing & only have the staff & equipment for their own publiclly funded need.........

hey ho

like only having 6, men, 2,trucks 2, chippers ,1, stump grinder ,& traxctor off the parks depo wen needed, instead of 15, men ,4,chippers 4,trucks 2, tractors & 2 stump grinders , + runa about trucks :biggrin: hey ho lcc

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see our LA boys towing a nice new timberwolf chipper about that I've help fund and badly need for my own business . Now that were all one team should i now get access to this machine or get some sort of tax rebate?

Believe it or not there is in place a procedure to bid or tender for the use of local authority equipment. This issue was raised at a meeting I attended recently. LAs are also in the process of putting together an audit and valuation of all equipment held.