climber wage

edwood

Forget the money, the reality is you are going to loose a company money until you learn how to adapt to work site, equipment, staff and job specs.

What you are looking for is what to expect, if you know that, you won't be disheartened.

But as I said, forget money, you are their to learn, when you get into the position where you feel you deserve more, ask, if you are told no, then you are either useless, or working for the wrong person:biggrin:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a fully ticketed but fairly inexperienced climber (about 1 years experience climbing 3 days per week, grounding a couple of years before that) . I've just been offered £68 ish per day on the books, ppe and climbing kit payed for by employer, 20days holiday plus bank holidays. That seems to be at the upper end of the pay scale in north staffordshire for climbers. Bearing in mind this is a fairly low income part of the country.

Matt

I'm a fully ticketed but fairly inexperienced climber (about 1 years experience climbing 3 days per week, grounding a couple of years before that) . I've just been offered £68 ish per day on the books, ppe and climbing kit payed for by employer, 20days holiday plus bank holidays. That seems to be at the upper end of the pay scale in north staffordshire for climbers. Bearing in mind this is a fairly low income part of the country.

Matt

that before or after tax?

Matt

how far do you travel to work ? do you use your own car/van to get there ?

Its about 5 miles from home and thats full time climbing, though not the most technical stuff. I'm lucky enough to be doing well on a freelance bases so was able to turn the job down. This is very common in this area :thumbdown: I work hard so as not to get involved!

I know what your saying about wages up there. I come from Stoke (not lived there for many years though) but £68 less tax, Ni and travel costs and a few quid for lunch and a cup of tea dont leave much.