Stolen greenmech 1928 1 hour ago - reward!

monkeybusiness

This chipper is still AWOL and there is still £1000 for information leading to its recovery.

I have had a number of calls of people with possible sightings from all over the UK, and a colleague of mine had a call from the police letting him know his 6inch Entec had just turned up 5 YEARS after it was stolen, so I'm not giving up hope. I will continue to pursue this machine and have spread the word far and wide so am hopeful it may re-appear. If you have it or know where it is then I would suggest you take the easy £1000 rather than keep trying to hide it. And if you are offered any Greenmech for sale, please let me know - think of the money!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry to hear about the theft.

I had a chipper solen a couple of years ago,previously almost all my saws were nicked.

The chipper was in the yard being repaired,I had taken the hitch and chute off it,the lower bearing for the Feed roller was removed and the yard was thick with fresh gravel.It looked like several guys had pushed the machine to where a Hiab could lift it.

The Poice said it was probably in Poland within 24 hours.Alot of Farm equipment that is stolen ends up there.

Still keeping an eye out. Greenmech are easy to spot. Any more info you can give, numbers markings, or damage that was done to it when you had it? Anything that can identify it from the others out there, I've not seen much greenmechs my way but always get the odd van with a tow hitch ask if I want to buy some saws when on a job.

Still keeping an eye out. Greenmech are easy to spot. Any more info you can give, numbers markings, or damage that was done to it when you had it? Anything that can identify it from the others out there, I've not seen much greenmechs my way but always get the odd van with a tow hitch ask if I want to buy some saws when on a job.

thats probaly ther green & white livery, sometimes ther blue , or an awful musterd yellow :001_smile:

I am sorry to hear about the theft.

I had a chipper solen a couple of years ago,previously almost all my saws were nicked.

The chipper was in the yard being repaired,I had taken the hitch and chute off it,the lower bearing for the Feed roller was removed and the yard was thick with fresh gravel.It looked like several guys had pushed the machine to where a Hiab could lift it.

The Poice said it was probably in Poland within 24 hours.Alot of Farm equipment that is stolen ends up there.

That’s what they all said to me when my Bandit went missing, when I recovered it (2 years later) the damn thing had only moved 25 miles.

thats probaly ther green & white livery, sometimes ther blue , or an awful musterd yellow :001_smile:

Awful mustard yellow!?! Come on Johnny, that is Caterpillar yellow or Vermeer yellow, the Blue Machine had theirs blue and HSS had theirs blue with yellow safety bars too. I had mine in Ford Radiant red, you can have them in your colour if that is what you want. We have done them Red/Yellow mix, Orange, Landrover Green, Navy Blue, White, Brown, Buttercup yellow and I even quoted a chap for a metallic colour but that was a tad dear!

Hey Dan, good luck with the search, I hope she turns up!

Cheers Rich. The chipper is pretty unremarkable other than the fact it is in excellent overall condition - there is the start of some corrosion in evidence on the sides of the feed hopper but that is really it. There are a couple of obvious give aways that would enable it to be identified and some that would be impossible to find unless you knew they were there (which would identify the machine in the case of it being cloned with another). There are photos of it on the second page of this thread. I don't want to broadcast any of the tell tales on here in case the wrong person reads the thread and hides the obvious pointers, but if anyone pms me or contacts me on 07970188050 I can tell them what to look for.

Really, if there is a Greenmech 1928 being offered for sale anywhere then I'd like to hear about it. This isn't a TW150 - there aren't hundreds of these machines about and they do stand out as they aren't orange/yellow. I don't personally know of any other firms in my area operating these machines (which seems bonkers as they are brilliant) and I doubt it is much different elsewhere in the UK so if you see one give me a shout and if it's mine you'll get a grand!

I live not far from you, Coalbrookdale,Shropshire and as its distinctive,will keep my eyes peeled for it. I have a mate that works in Devonport.Plymouth and his dad works the Docks in Dover, i have txted them to keep an eye out for it. Hopefully from the support of the great Arbtalk community it wil turn up soon