Stolen greenmech 1928 1 hour ago - reward!

monkeybusiness

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What worries me is the speed that they manage to nick things at. Ours is always hitch-locked on to the truck and it's easy to assume that because you're nearby working, and it's locked on, that it won't suddenly go walkies. So many times on jobs though we see dodgy looking drop-side Transits doing slow drive-bys. Couple of times we've approached them. A few months back I jumped in my 4x4 and followed one. We try to make our presence known as much as possible and hope that's enough to deter them.

Scumbags!

do gypos use these machines i thought they just left the stuff on the job after they been paid etc

and if your offended by this post i,am saying it is i hate thieves they have no respect for hard working people who are trying to make a living for themselves good luck hope you get your chipper back if i find it i would be offended by offer of the reward you keep your hard erned

do gypos use these machines i thought they just left the stuff on the job after they been paid etc

and if your offended by this post i,am saying it is i hate thieves they have no respect for hard working people who are trying to make a living for themselves good luck hope you get your chipper back if i find it i would be offended by offer of the reward you keep your hard erned

Because your kits worth money either elsewhere in the country or abroad, some can be stolen to order, a lot of farm machinery is and is being sent to eastern Europe and other places.

If you've got it,they want to steal it!

I would give holyhead docks a ring, maybe ask to speak to port security and do the same for Dublin. I go through those docks once a month and there is always a few chippers sitting about sometimes on the back of 7.5 t or HGV's.

It would worth a go to keep an eye out for it, it amazes me the the amount of stuff that goes missing and never to be seen again.

I feel for you mate, that really stinks.

There is only so much anyone can do to prevent motivated thieves.

But you can make their payoff considerably less.

Get a engraver and put your name and number all over the place. Take things apart and put it on the inside of a few places. Put "reward if returned call 555-6584" or whatever. If they think they cant even trust there own kind in not going for easy cash, they wont take your stuff far, and they wont want your stuff again.

Weld bits onto big bits of kit, change the colour of certain bits, customize if at all possible. Different wheels, change the chute nozzle slightly. All makes it more likely to get back, the scumbags getting caught or at least making less from it.

Dan, I sent out an APB to the UK dealership network, but as someone else has said, it is probably across the water by now. Sorry but there it is.

The punishment does not fit the crime in my opinion.