Whats the weather like near you?

mendiplogs

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, gary112 said:

Hate the rain,still pissing down here now.How,s Katie doing now J?

Mostly good days, but some bad days now. Has collapsed a couple of times (from which she recovers really quickly) with her heart. I still take her to work most of the time, but I can't do longer distance extraction work now with her, nor anything too hilly. 

I had her with me for 4 weeks of stay away work in Wiltshire. It worked really well, as the site was flat and after 4-5 hrs I could just put her in the caravan to rest. That I think was her limit though. 

Had it not been for the endocarditis and the resultant heart damage, I don't think she'd have slowed down much at all yet. She's still fitter than most nearly 12 year old dogs, but we've had to adapt slightly to work around her heart condition. 

I'm not wrapping her in cotton wool though, and I fully expect that one day she'll just collapse in the woods and she'll not get back up again. But in all honesty, that's the way I'd want her to go. She gets miserable if she's left at home, so what would be the point in extending her life if she doesn't have a life?

• Like 6

Been pretty wet here this morning, waiting for Storm Dudley to appear this afternoon. Central/Southern Scotland has warnings for wind and flooding, trains and ferries cancelled from 4pm.

With Storm Eunice due to follow on the heels of Dudley it's a bleak looking few days ahead.

• Like 1