Whats the weather like near you?

mendiplogs

On the basis if we get a call out later I won't be driving, I'm going to open a 2018 Berry Bros extra ordinary claret and let it breath a bit in time for roast dinner... a good year apparently. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lux said:

Do you have a studded tyre or just some knobbly's for the snow / ice ?

Fairly aggresively studded tyres on that bike (Suomi Hile Reflex). I use that bike when I'm more unsure of the surface conditions, or where I know it'll be loose/insecure snow.

On my commuting bike (where the road is 50% normally clear asphalt and 50% normally smooth compressed, plowed snow) I use Schwalbe Marathon Winter Plus, which have the same number of studs, but they're less aggresive and the tread pattern is smoother.

The only thing you have to be conscious of is that on studs, you actually have more grip on good solid snow ice than on bare asphalt. They wouldn't be suitable for most UK winter weather.

Windy rainy night, probably not as bad as I had expected from the forecast here, certainly some hefty gusts though. Nice and calm this morning which Im pleased about. Looks like it will be business as usual with a Beech reduction.