Whats the weather like near you?

mendiplogs

8 hours ago, Big J said:

No description available.

More than three weeks of lovely summer weather now. Generally 20-28c. Today was at the cooler end and a bit breezy but the water was still 19.5c. It has rained once in that time, briefly and mostly overnight.

To hit 30c mid week. That's a bit warm, to be fair.

Its been wall to wall sunshine here Jonathan for several days now .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Squaredy said:

Do the locals fish in the lakes?  If so what do they catch?

That particular lake is actually a carp fishing syndicate. Only to about 36-38lb, but it's well cared for.

All the other lakes hold fish. All species really, but pike, perch and zander are the most popular species. They grow quite large here too as the pressure is low. 

1 hour ago, topchippyles said:

Skinny dipping again J 

Only cycling past today, I'm afraid. It was also 4 degrees!

2 minutes ago, Big J said:

That particular lake is actually a carp fishing syndicate. Only to about 36-38lb, but it's well cared for.

All the other lakes hold fish. All species really, but pike, perch and zander are the most popular species. They grow quite large here too as the pressure is low. 

Only cycling past today, I'm afraid. It was also 4 degrees!

Sounds heavenly.  I think your holidays would appeal to fisher-types as well as bicyclists and wild swimmers.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Squaredy said:

Sounds heavenly.  I think your holidays would appeal to fisher-types as well as bicyclists and wild swimmers.

Agreed. Just a bit harder to organise as you need to know what you're doing. The lakes vary from large to enormous. If you're not well equipped, and with a boat, you're unlikely to catch so much. That makes it a bit more difficult to offer as a holiday option.

21 minutes ago, Big J said:

Agreed. Just a bit harder to organise as you need to know what you're doing. The lakes vary from large to enormous. If you're not well equipped, and with a boat, you're unlikely to catch so much. That makes it a bit more difficult to offer as a holiday option.

Yes I can see it must be difficult to know where to start without extensive local knowledge!

• Like 2