Whats the weather like near you?

mendiplogs

9 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:

Snow and hail late yesterday afternoon then temps dropped to below zero around dark, snowed again from 6pm - 7pm, then a heavy frost and more snow over night, just been stood at front of house and sorry and the cense of some drivers today worries me, one guy approx early to mid 40s just come round the corner of the housing estate like you would do in June but this morning he has slid across the road smacked the kerb with front near side wheel and pushed the tyre of the rim, oh dear,, there was a bit of bad language,, 😂

It's madness isn't it. The other week here it rained heavy all day then temp dropped when the sun set, went out about 5pm and it was bad with black ice, I was 20-30mph on an A road and could feel the truck skittish but they were up close and overtaking like normal. Said to the OH it'll be carnage and when we returned 2hrs later there was 1 up a banking, 2 down another banking and 1 wedged backwards on the barrier within a 3 mile stretch. Police and ambulances were busy that night.

• Like 1

The monsoon has gone and we have nine months or so of unbroken sunshine on the way give or take a shower or two although that is unlikely.We live in an area classed as extreme drought so the garden looks beautifully lush after the downpours.It's bitter at 5 a.m when i wake up.All the bird baths were frozen this morning but once the sun comes up its instantly very warm.(18 degrees right now) and will continue to rise each week until the ground and anything outside become almost too hot to the touch.Very different climate to the one i left behind in County Durham and Weardale.Californians are still amazed when i explain how muggy and hot it can get every summer in England.I used to find it unbearable without cooling water close by.Here,the Pacific Ocean brings cooling breeze during the day and all the heat goes at night.

20230118_090322.jpg

20230117_101305.jpg

• Like 3

Minus 3 here. It was that temperature all of yesterday too. It makes for pleasant winter weather - cold enough that everything is frozen, but not actually cold. 

The only issue is that it would be better if it was minus 5-8c. That way, the lake would freeze properly for skating and we'd be able to make snow on the ski slope (it has to be at least minus 4). 

The ice on the lake is only about 2-3cm thick. Well at least the bit around the sauna jetty was last night. Water was resolutely 0c. 

The photo is from a few days ago of our balcony and minus 6.

IMG_20230119_100921_8.jpg

Edited by Big J
  • Like 4

Minus 7c here this morning in Nesodden.

Took the doggo for a short walk and it was crispy.  Been like this for about a week now.  

To the west of Oslo, T my mates gaff a tree brought down some power lines during the week and he was cooking on the wood burning stove and using candles.  - Cabin life!

They has over a metre of wet snow fall in a few days and caused a bit of mayhem.B3A0EFA8-6AE9-4916-9828-464635CBA9C0.thumb.jpeg.ffebd7c526437c5930e43e365981703c.jpeg

• Like 7