Visiting Redwoods

Taupotreeman

And yet the people and place are far better than Auckland. Still, you can find a place for less than 100k in murupara. leaves plenty of money for a mine field

Just that there is no work there.I liked living in Reporoa,you could deal with the local Rangi's sifting your stuff.Murupara was a Mill and Logging town,but with the advancement of the Highway and better faster vehicles to get the guys to work.Most of the Blokes live in Taupo now.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just that there is no work there.I liked living in Reporoa,you could deal with the local Rangi's sifting your stuff.Murupara was a Mill and Logging town,but with the advancement of the Highway and better faster vehicles to get the guys to work.Most of the Blokes live in Taupo now.

I think that's all changed too now Mike. Taupo isn't the big forestry/milling town it was and Tokoroa has slowed since the Kinleith plant started dropping off its production. Much of the Taupo surrounds have been turned in to farmland, all the forests by the main roads have gone. There still a big forestry element in Turangi, Rotorua, Edgecombe and Kawerau but Murupara has run down to pretty much a gang town. Shouldn't run the place down but its not somewhere I'd like to hang around too long. Reporoa is now for farming and those that want the lifestyle block far enough out of Rotovegas and Taupo but still within commuting distance.

I think that's all changed too now Mike. Taupo isn't the big forestry/milling town it was and Tokoroa has slowed since the Kinleith plant started dropping off its production. Much of the Taupo surrounds have been turned in to farmland, all the forests by the main roads have gone. There still a big forestry element in Turangi, Rotorua, Edgecombe and Kawerau but Murupara has run down to pretty much a gang town. Shouldn't run the place down but its not somewhere I'd like to hang around too long. Reporoa is now for farming and those that want the lifestyle block far enough out of Rotovegas and Taupo but still within commuting distance.

You have a gang problem in nz?

you have shocked me .

I always thought nz was as genteel as frinton on sea.

Is it like LA or a bit less frought?

http://www.kinnoirwoodfuel.co.uk

you have shocked me .

kwfhomepage

Murupara is in the middle of a huge Forest.The gangs (one in particular in Murupara) grow alot of weed in the Forest.

Murupara was a toilet in the late 90"s when I worked around there,there was a real devide between the guys who got up at 4am to go logging and the guys who sat around growing pot.

you have shocked me .

kwfhomepage

Not so much bloods and crips but Black Power, Mongrel Mob, Hells Angels etc. Nearly every town has a chapter. Some keep to themselves, some not so much.

Mike, same applies to Murupara now pretty much.

I liked NZ gangs, they are less likely to shoot you and more likely to beat you within an inch of your life. Oldschool stuff, almost comforting while you hear your own skull crack under the beating applied by a pair of steel capped boots.

Useless fact of the day

NZ was the first to have an international Hell Angels chapter, even before Canada I believe!

I liked NZ gangs, they are less likely to shoot you and more likely to beat you within an inch of your life. Oldschool stuff, almost comforting while you hear your own skull crack under the beating applied by a pair of steel capped boots.

Useless fact of the day

NZ was the first to have an international Hell Angels chapter, even before Canada I believe!

One of my work colleagues got lippy ( so we think) with some a few months ago. Got a good bashing and a broken leg for his troubles. Still not back at work. Not sure how we got here from visiting Redwoods though. Sorry for the derail.

One of my work colleagues got lippy ( so we think) with some a few months ago. Got a good bashing and a broken leg for his troubles. Still not back at work. Not sure how we got here from visiting Redwoods though. Sorry for the derail.

I was just about to say..:sneaky2:

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately we didn't quite make it. Spent more than initially anticipated on getting married in New York so I decided to do the park proper justice and plan another trip over but actully spend a bit of time there rather than just a flying visit. I only got as far as Muir woods, which gave me at least an idea of what is further up the coast.