Visiting Redwoods

Taupotreeman

If you have an urge for a logging museum while down that way, I'd say that the one at Scotia would be a good option. Scotia is right next to the main highway, south of Eureka by like half an hour give or take. Just north of Avenue of the Giants.

logging_museum_1600.jpg.4b25848e8041ac482128dcb7e7e90293.jpg

steam_donkey.jpg.0264dd63006e19c553dadc88cd7ef36a.jpg

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Murupara? Now that is possibly the scariest thing I've read on Arbtalk. Only one place worse round this neck of the woods and that's Kainagaroa.

"K-village" if your on the Radio to Waiotapu,most people call it "K-vill" almost like "E-vill".I lived down the road from there in Reporoa for a while.Used to get little Rangi's raiding our sheds trying to pinch things.

Last time I was there it looked like it was derelict site until I saw cars coming and going. All gang affiliated.

So what was it about Scotia Mike?

Just down the road from that old logging gear is a big Mill,then this spent little town that seemed to be populated by tweakers.There is nothing there of note,better to spend the night in Ferndale.

Avenue of the giants is worth the ride.Scotia and Rio Del,not so much.

"K-village" if your on the Radio to Waiotapu,most people call it "K-vill" almost like "E-vill".I lived down the road from there in Reporoa for a while.Used to get little Rangi's raiding our sheds trying to pinch things.

And yet the people and place are far better than Auckland. Still, you can find a place for less than 100k in murupara. leaves plenty of money for a mine field