Was he right???

skyhuck

The lad was asking for it,he got treated gently but firmly & now his dad wants some damages for it,another free loader.

In my day if I did wrong & got foul mouthed about it,my dad on finding out would have clipped my ear too,never did me any harm,and I have respect for all but those who prove first they dont deserve it.

I dont see the size of the guy helping him off to be an issue,were all made different,& he had a measured response to the situation,.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, the non-valid ticket thing isn't much of an issue. I've been guilty of a bit of fare-dodging, especially when boozy.

BUT - I wouldn't sit their cheeking an old guy just doing his job whilst not giving a flip about inconveniencing a whole trainload of passengers.

He had his chance to get off without force being used, he should have taken it.

I would have hoyed him off, but not being as big as the Big Man I would probably have had to nut him and knee him in the bollocks first.

Len Brennans quote summed it up for me.

:confused1:No one was thrown "head first" he was pushed off the train, he looked in fine health as he tried to get back on!!

1:54. His head hit the deck first. As you have not answered the question I have posted twice I assume you think it is fine to use violence in front of small children? This is not the wild west.

Violence (n)

1. Physical force exerted for the purpose of violating, damaging, or abusing: crimes of violence.

2. The act or an instance of violent action or behavior.

3. Intensity or severity, as in natural phenomena; untamed force: the violence of a tornado.

4. Abusive or unjust exercise of power.

5. Abuse or injury to meaning, content, or intent: do violence to a text.

6. Vehemence of feeling or expression; fervor.

Why do people think that "rough justice" is fair? Mob law is the mother of tyrants.

To me, the non-valid ticket thing isn't much of an issue. I've been guilty of a bit of fare-dodging, especially when boozy.

BUT - I wouldn't sit their cheeking an old guy just doing his job whilst not giving a flip about inconveniencing a whole trainload of passengers.

He had his chance to get off without force being used, he should have taken it.

I would have hoyed him off, but not being as big as the Big Man I would probably have had to nut him and knee him in the bollocks first.

Len Brennans quote summed it up for me.

:thumbup::thumbup:

1:54. His head hit the deck first. As you have not answered the question I have posted twice I assume you think it is fine to use violence in front of small children? This is not the wild west.

Violence (n)

1. Physical force exerted for the purpose of violating, damaging, or abusing: crimes of violence.

2. The act or an instance of violent action or behavior.

3. Intensity or severity, as in natural phenomena; untamed force: the violence of a tornado.

4. Abusive or unjust exercise of power.

5. Abuse or injury to meaning, content, or intent: do violence to a text.

6. Vehemence of feeling or expression; fervor.

Why do people think that "rough justice" is fair? Mob law is the mother of tyrants.

If a child never saw any of the above in its first 10 years, it would be living a very sheltered life

I would also term it "measured" violence

I think it's an interesting difference in culture that I have observed.

I used to live in (delightful) Coventry and remember an incident a few years back where some scrotum got on the bus, abused the driver, got off after a few stops and then proceeded to throw a stone at the bus as it drove off. Little sh17... but for those exact reasons of (a) being half sloshed myself, (b) not wanting the aggro and © wondering whether he'd have a chib, I did nothing.

Now in Germany, on the local trains and tram systems tickets get inspected only on a random basis. It's done in a very different way though.

I have seen a few people riding without tickets get caught. I've never seen one of them be rude. Younger people tend to just get told to get off the train (like anyone under about 20). Anyone who ought to have more sense has their details taken and will get sent a hefty bill.

The things that make a difference, IMO, are: (1) a different attitude to authority (although I think independent thinking and blithely obeying "authority" is a fine line); (2) the fact that the ticket inspectors work in groups of three...

I think it's a good way of dealing with things though - in this case, the ticket wouldn't have been checked until the journey was underway (so no-one else would have been disrupted), the drunken lad would have got home safely rather than ending up with a busted up face, the tubby fireman wouldn't end up with a record for GBH (which I guess will be the outcome) and the train operator would get a thousand quid income by way of the fine for travelling without a valid ticket.

Well done he should have booted him in the sack as well:001_smile:

What else was going to happen, he was not paying! He was not getting off! Oh no wait we will phone the police. Lol. I think it was in Linlithgow, if so everyone on that train would have died of starvation before the police got there.

Mon the big man:lol: