Was he right???

skyhuck

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to comment on the wrongs and rights of this but only offer my own opinion. Personally it was nice to see someone putting one of these foul mouthed, ignorant, arrogant cocky little gits in their place and without it resulting in a punch up or big slagging match. I don't care if the big fella wouldn't have dealt to the fare dodger if he was bigger, he dealt to this one and that's one less ignorant prick on the train.

Whoop whoop. 'Dats da sound of da police. :001_smile:

Where do you stop? It's alright to throw a kid head first onto concrete? Is it alright to do that in front of children?! It is assault whichever way you look at it. He did not make an any persons arrest, it sure as hell was not in self defence. He didn't even warn the boy.

I think the conductor should be fired for encouraging that/taking no measures to stop it on the train.

:confused1:No one was thrown "head first" he was pushed off the train, he looked in fine health as he tried to get back on!!

I reckon the "big man" was well out of order and the train"guard" should be fired.

Surely the obvious thing to do for the train guard would be to keep the train going and phone ahead to the next station or the one after that to have a "welcome committee" waiting for the lad.

He (the guard) was acting like a coward and had lost control. He was unwilling to try and resolve the issue as it had developed and just dug his dumb heels in and deferred responsibility to the other passengers.

Big man's offer should have shook him awake into the real world where he is paid to be in charge of the train.

As for big man, he just responded to the actions of the guard I reckon. He was wrong to do so but when the guard said "you'll have the other passengers to answer to" and then when big man asked the guard if it was ok for him to act he must have felt he was allowed to cross that boundary.

He was wrong to do so, but I believe he may (must) have felt he was allowed and therefore justified.

on the one hand scumbags make the UK harder to live in. I'm glad he got thrown off. perhaps it would have been better to call the cops to get him at the next station

on the other hand trains are expensive in the UK, and when I go to festivals on one I pay to stand in a corridor it was often cheaper, and easier unless going to London to hire a car. but the rules are the rules and it pisses me off when the blaggers of society flout it. fair enough you get caught get off the train.

your walking!

Edited by ozy vince

I reckon the "big man" was well out of order and the train"guard" should be fired.

Surely the obvious thing to do for the train guard would be to keep the train going and phone ahead to the next station or the one after that to have a "welcome committee" waiting for the lad.

He (the guard) was acting like a coward and had lost control. He was unwilling to try and resolve the issue as it had developed and just dug his dumb heels in and deferred responsibility to the other passengers.

Big man's offer should have shook him awake into the real world where he is paid to be in charge of the train.

As for big man, he just responded to the actions of the guard I reckon. He was wrong to do so but when the guard said "you'll have the other passengers to answer to" and then when big man asked the guard if it was ok for him to act he must have felt he was allowed to cross that boundary.

He was wrong to do so, but I believe he may (must) have felt he was allowed and therefore justified.

I agree. Mistakes were made by everyone, starting with the kid, but it will probably the ordinary bloke who felt obliged to sort it out for everyone else who will come off worst. Whether it was morally right or legal to do what he did is irrelevant, he appeared to do it for the right reasons in the heat of the moment and in the most 'non violent' manner he could, but he shouldn't have had to get involved in the first place.

The kid should have got off, or the conductor should have resolved it himself in a less confrontational way, or other people should have chipped in to coax the kid off or establish whether he was telling the truth and maybe help him out. His behaviour was inexcusable but I don't think it was bad enough to justify what may happen to the big guy.

It's sad, 1, that it happened at all and 2, that the bloke who tried to do the right thing will probably get his collar felt for it...

Of Course he was right.Are we all going to sit around and let this happen

He may end up in court but what a pathetic society we live in where we would all rather play safe and ignore all the bad things going on

I know for one i am only a short ar!! but I couldnt let it go

Perhaps I come from a past where nobody was allowed to get away with that sort of behaviour

A wheen o year ago I was stood in a long queue outside Glasgie Central waiting for a taxi, at aboot 12 midnight.

As a Taxi swings into the line a cocky wee git springs from about 1/2 way back in the queue & jumps in the Taxi.

Without a pause a stocky built tidy dressed man steps out of the queue, opens the Taxi door, extracts the "wee git" ,gubs him and drops him in the gutter.

All without saying a word.

Said individual then re-joined the queue in his correct place.

A hearty round of applause ensued.

Sorry Officer.....what assault?:lol:

Tis a dammn pity everything is now filmed