Tips after a job

button1803

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shall withhold the identity of the premier league footballer in question .... but needless to say he payed double what I had quoted to dismantle a large Ash tree!! That made my month!! other than that tens, twentys, whiskey, wine, beer, eggs, cooking apples, fudge, cake, a vintage axe (!) to name but a few. Makes it all worth while when people are chuffed with your efforts.

best was of tips i got 1st one aged 16 whiles working for the old man to get money to book my quails for a customer as £100 pound the customer had us back on 5 separate time and each time i got the same tip the old guy and his wife like the way i was buy catching to them and my effort and willingnese to work hard we was atking down some huge hawthornes down they was 14 inch wide stumps so you can tell the guy was scotch and people say the scotch is tight sorry but i hope i done offend people by that the guy had a dream to buy a bar in spain and told me to vist but unafutnatly he passed away about 18 months later befor buying his dream bar

today I was made two rounds of cheese and ham sandwiches and some fine coffee :thumbup:

in the past I was given a cajun water smoker. a really lovely way to cook. moist and flavoursome. Cooked up some venision kebabs in it this summer gone, Apple chips on the coals... delgihtful.

You should try it JP with some of that game you get.

Don't get much in the way of cash tips but often I'm invited in by the home owner for a cuppa and a feed which always goes down well. Apart from that, and not exactly a tip but more a perk of the job; some very charming foreign ladies are about to start the topless sunbathing season down at hot water beach and stream. No doubt we will find plenty of work to be done in the vicinity.

We get the normal 5,10,20's, wine, cider, food etc. But some of the most memorable things things people have given us are, an old stihl 64 with 34in bar, Honda rotivator, and the strangest one..... potted cannabis plants from an old couple who had quite a large collection in a big shed, i don't even smoke the stuff, but felt rude to refuse them!