Chainsaw beginner - can't get Husq going after refuel

ATC1983

I've taken the cs30, several months ago, but it was a 2 day course and have used the saw about 10 times since. I've just screwed up in refuelling, as use of a saw isn't a daily occurence for me.

are you sure that you are capable of using this type of tool, or are you more suited to pushing an asda trolly :001_tt2:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see the day/night difference. Every post before dinner time was to actually help the guy.

I too thought it was a guy "extracting the urine" but it seems he was not.

Though this seems incredible, perhaps even stupid but is it really so hard to imagine someone who simply does not know?

Yes, I put the chain oil in with two stroke then tried to fire it up with that.

Sadly this is not joke thread. Tried it earlier again; I refilled the tank after advice on the forum but haven't been able to get it started again, although I'm still getting the initial rev when pulling on the crank cord.

Yes I was shown this on cs 30 - for all 20 seconds - so not being in a daily chainsaw environment it is an easy, albeit stupid, mistake to make. And I've only used the saw about 10 times since I got a couple of months ago. I'm going to start into gardening soon so will have greater need to use it then, but will be buying where possible only electric equipment to avoid this type of hassle.

I maybe should have got an electric chainsaw but then they're so low powered compared to proper ones and there's nothing like the feeling of tree felling with a Husq.

Yes, I put the chain oil in with two stroke then tried to fire it up with that.

Sadly this is not joke thread. Tried it earlier again; I refilled the tank after advice on the forum but haven't been able to get it started again, although I'm still getting the initial rev when pulling on the crank cord.

Yes I was shown this on cs 30 - for all 20 seconds - so not being in a daily chainsaw environment it is an easy, albeit stupid, mistake to make. And I've only used the saw about 10 times since I got a couple of months ago. I'm going to start into gardening soon so will have greater need to use it then, but will be buying where possible only electric equipment to avoid this type of hassle.

I maybe should have got an electric chainsaw but then they're so low powered compared to proper ones and there's nothing like the feeling of tree felling with a Husq.

Did you try what i suggested?

I think you might need to break down exactly what you did right from the start, step by step so we can all understand what you mixed with the fuel. If you've mixed mainly chain oil topped up with two stroke oil in the petrol you might be in trouble. It depends on how much two stroke oil was in that petrol mix. To me it sounds like you've added nearly all chain oil with a little 2 stroke for good measure. Even if you used 2 stroke, if you've only guessed at how much you've added to the petrol, you could still be in trouble. Try starting again and explaining exactly what you did clearly, which oil you used, approximately how much etc.

is this a joke thread :laugh1:were you not shown this stuff wen doing cs30 :confused1:

:banghead::banghead:

Its not really a training issue, more a common sense issue.

It also sounds like you may never have checked to see if you have been running with enough, or indeed any, chain oil.

Im sure you'll get it running again, but allways check your saw over before you use it. Everytime. Never assume it'll be the same way you left it after the last time you used it, thats how accidents and breakages happen.

Good luck with sorting it out.

People who are unfamiliar with engines can make what appear to those who are familiar as very silly mistakes, I know of two people who when checking their cars for oil, filled the engine to the top with oil, not realising there is a dipstick.

I'm sure my lack of IT knowledge would probably make many laugh, its all about what you are familiar with.