Which Tracked chipper??

paul_

I can't believe you've used the Greenmech and are considering anything else! The TW and Jenson are both very good machines but don't offer anywhere near the all round use-ability of the Safetrak. It will out-chip both, and has the best off-road capabilities of any chipper I've used. It is phenomenally powerful in the tracking department too - we've dragged some seriously big timber with ours and it keeps on pulling. It is heavy though, which I would say is its only real downside when it comes to towing it around.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe you've used the Greenmech and are considering anything else! The TW and Jenson are both very good machines but don't offer anywhere near the all round use-ability of the Safetrak. It will out-chip both, and has the best off-road capabilities of any chipper I've used. It is phenomenally powerful in the tracking department too - we've dragged some seriously big timber with ours and it keeps on pulling. It is heavy though, which I would say is its only real downside when it comes to towing it around.

Totally agree AND disagree. The Greenmech is in a league of it's own on a side slope. But where out and out chipping productivity is concerned the Jensen A430t buries the GM19-28, and they have the same 50hp engine. Even with a square hole it is angrier, feeding faster and with less snarl ups. GM has annoying electronic preset throttle and u can't track and chip at the same time :sneaky2:

Oh come on John!

Common sense says that chippping and tracking is not right.

Plus, (to me anyway)

The 430 that I had in stock was painfully slow across the ground, painful to track on a hard surface,painfully expensive to buy, had no local dealers, was a pita to look after and was heavier to drag about too.

I thought that some of the engineering did not represent value for the money paid, in fact, I thought that someone was having a laugh when I looked closely at the infeed chute, roller controls and discharge chute.

Just my thoughts tho.

Oh come on John!

Common sense says that chippping and tracking is not right.

:sneaky2:

Plus, (to me anyway)

The 430 that I had in stock was painfully slow across the ground, painful to track on a hard surface,painfully expensive to buy, had no local dealers, was a pita to look after and was heavier to drag about too.

Agreed its painful to commute on. Dead easy to work on imo tho.

I thought that some of the engineering did not represent value for the money paid, in fact, I thought that someone was having a laugh when I looked closely at the infeed chute, roller controls and discharge chute.

Just my thoughts tho.

But it works!

Used the big green mechs whilst working on M25

Heavy and Big, eats wood but ours had a few issues, probabley because it was worked hard and used by alot of half sharp labourers, also I think Greenmech chip is always stringy and blocks the shoot to often.

The way you have to re raise the engine revs after tracking is a massive pain

67703_156400271066414_130577703648671_258040_2095960_n.jpg.205b747982234a80e1089fb68c020a90.jpg