If You Run A Tree Business - This Affects You

Mr Ed

I rang ea and im happy that i will still not need a license.

They are mainly targetting the metal carriers as there is huge amounts of money being made and basically they want a piece of it.

That is the only reason they are changing laws i mean comon how are they even allowed to keep changing these laws to suit them of course they all want big bonuses and we have to pay them.

If we all stuck to these anal rules we would be skint. Every one uses labour with no tickets everyone overloads everyone does not loler there gear some do most dont.

This will mean the pikeys will undercut us much easier they will never get this license they cant be traced.

All it means is we earn less of our own money.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arborlord, what part of 'free' dont you understand?

And the waste crriers licence is only £50 a year.

There are no exclusions with this, you HAVE to have it regardless of who you spoke to at EA.

As for working untrained, lack of loler and overloading, speak for yourself.

Tbh I think we're all gonna have to accept changes in the law, after all its not exactly a new thing, laws have been changing all thru history. You dont HAVE to pay the £149 for the 3 years anyway, you are free to sit outside the law, just pay the fines when they come thru your door, replace your vehicle when its taken to the scrapper! It is your right to choose.

You have to have it no matter what you carry, scrap metal, paper or in our case wood chip, the coppers now check not the EA so they pull you check your vehicle to see if it's legal then ask for your handlers license if you dont have it you get a fine. you dont need one if it's domestic but being in a 3.5t tipper it's hard to get away with that line. As for LOLER, NO TICKETS etc i have em and always do, yes we all push the rules a bit but there are limits. The gypos will always under cut us but there work is crap, can only do small jobs and alot of people won't have them now just incase there casing the place out to see what you have.

Well, lets not start naming and shaming on here, personally I dont have one at the moment, but I have down-loaded the application this morning, and getting sorted over the next day or so. I am surprised too with the number of small one man bands listed in my area, and the fact that some of the larger businesses dont have a licence. Soooo who are the more professional?