If You Run A Tree Business - This Affects You

Mr Ed

it makes me sick also, what goes into landfill sites is waste. woodchip is a by product and has a value. the goverment is using this whole green issue to tax us even more. they only care about taxing and controlling. if they cant tax it then their not interested.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys, but your not forestry contractors. The chip and timber you haul is a by-product of your tree surgery operations.

Sure, it has intrinsic value, but so has old battery's, scrap cars, coke cans and all other types of 'waste'

What gets me is that none of you bat an eylid at the cost of NPTC certification (overpriced in my opinion) but object to a a free exemption certificate and a licence costing less than £50 a year:confused1:

Dont think the penny is gonna drop.... we dont have a real choice, bar breaking the law by NOT complying. We have to apply for the licence, we can then opt for the excemption, straight foward, simple, uncomplicated. What I think is wrong is that obviously, due to a lot of misunderstanding, many of us have broken the law thru ignorance, perhaps a better liaison btween agencies and us is called for. or perhaps we should wake up and read some of the boring stuff.

What gets me is that none of you bat an eylid at the cost of NPTC certification (overpriced in my opinion) but object to a licence costing les than £50 a year

Not me!!:sneaky2:

I paid £55 in 1996 to be assessed for 20,21, and 22, I was robbed!! and when I rang them a few years ago for to change my paper cert for a plastic card, they wanted £15!!!!!:mad1: so I've kept my paper one!:001_tongue:

I don't mined spending on something that helps me with my work, but I ain't paying for nonsense, I have not been to a tip or landfill for over 10 years!

The point I think you miss ,Ed, is that once they have you on there database whats next?? :scared1:

Sorry guys, but your not forestry contractors. The chip and timber you haul is a by-product of your tree surgery operations.

Please tell me the difference between the wood on the back of your truck and the wood on the back of mine.

..and the chip

I have never tipped chip or logs for landfill, everything is recycled or used.

at the end of the day why do we have to apply then get exempt, why not just exempt the Arb industry.

What they should do is spend more money on fricking catching flytippers

Hmmm this is going nowhere...... if you are carrying waste products without a licence, you can be fined and your vehicle impounded how are you going to work then? So it WILL stop you earning if you dont have the ticket.

I DON'T CARRY WASTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm this is going nowhere...... if you are carrying waste products without a licence, you can be fined and your vehicle impounded how are you going to work then? So it WILL stop you earning if you dont have the ticket.

The problem is Andy, you have been brainwashed by the establishment into believing that logs and chip are waste when infact you should know better :001_tongue: