If You Run A Tree Business - This Affects You

Mr Ed

We surely don't have to keep a record of every load of chip, where it from, address and name of householder, who's collected it where's it going to and how much it weighs.:mad1:

...and keep records for two years.

No, thats why you apply for an exemption, so you dont need to do that.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's very interesting, not one tree firm within a 10k radius of huddersfield centre.

...and after all the stick I've had on here for not adhereing to legislation :mad1:

do i not count then we also have a brokers licence

and just because no one else has one does not mean you could not adhere to 1 rule

I have applied for the exemption on my yard but am I applying for the right thing.

1. Most of my chip is mixed in with cow slurry and spread on the land as compost. Is this classed as 'disposing of' or 'reusing'? Only reusing is covered in the examples.

2. The example given on the EA site describes a landscaper chipping on site which is exempt. I very rarely do chip in my yard but bring in chipped waste. How do the EA see this?

3. The transporting license should be covered under the exemption listed above by Yorkshireman (arisings from forestry work or other virgin timer work). If you need to keep a carbon copy book as detailed in a post above which the customer must sign how would you go about transporting multiple loads in a day if the customer is not in to sign the form?

Yet again the idea is presentable, the execusion is a balls up. You could be falling into more traps trying to comply than by just ignoring it.

Kev

3. The transporting license should be covered under the exemption listed above by Yorkshireman (arisings from forestry work or other virgin timer work).

Kev

Unless you are a bona fide forestry contractor doing Harvesting, you are not exempt.

Woodchip biofuel chipped in a forest is not classed as waste. Woodchips produced as a byproduct of tree surgery is classed as waste.

So what's this all about? Stopping flytipping?

It wont stop that in the same way as having an ID card wont stop terrorism. No, its just another STEALTH TAX and control mechanism. The good guys pay up through fear and the dodgy ones carry on or move on to the next scam.