If You Run A Tree Business - This Affects You

Mr Ed

it says that you dont need a license if it is waste you have produced, unless it is building or demolition waste??

im confused now, so much spiel and jargon. to chip in the back of my transit and drive and tip it at my yard, then season it and load it back up to sell it to other people, do I need a special license, or exemption

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not accept a fixed penalty notice for something I have never heard or been made aware of and would be more than happy to become a test case. Although I would find it hard now arguing that I have never heard of it :001_smile:

i will register my truck in your name then and so can everyone else that should get you your test case:001_tongue:

i got mine last year after hearing about it on the net, called em up spoke to a woman and she relieved me of £150 and sent me a carriers lience that i keep in the truck. there not bothered what you carry waste is waste so she told me, so i got it rater than get nicked, just another excuse to tax!:sneaky2:

I have just renewed my carriers license, so I guess I've had it 3 years. The new one is valid for another three years and cost a bit less then the first.

I don't really understand what its for but I had to get one to keep on the contractor list for the local authority.

It says for carrying of controlled substances. I always thought that was asbestos and stuff liek that?

So, Ed, are you saying I could have the exemption INSTEAD of this? And that is free?

I had a quick look at the exemption application form and it said something about the chipping and shredding must be carried out at the site where the chippings are going to be stored. It said little about how the material to be shredded would get there.

I origianlly thought that I needed a waste carriers license and then a waste disposal/storage/handling license. I got round the second part by saying that I "carrried" the waste to someone elses disposal/storage/handling site. This was mostly true at the time as I mostly used someone elses yard.

Perhaps this exemption would be good for my yard. along with the carriers license.

I agree with the above statement that says its unfair to be presecuted about soemthing you don't know existed. I know ignorance is no excuse but this is not a well publicised matter.

Does every builder etc have these licenses?

I guess not and that may be why they tend to use skips etc. Let someones else take it away. I'm sure the skip companies have it all covered.

Enviro agency scum.

Basically they sit on there fat lazy arse watching us work our arse off then try to slap fines on us every time they can.:thumbdown:

Thats a tad Harsh! Environmental management team come up with this legislative nightmare.

However the Environment Agency has a Lot of lads & Lasses carrying out arb work and flood defence. Who work dam hard out all hrs god sends when this country is flooding clearing trash screens and sand bagging and over pumping and operating flood structures............That'll be the lazy arses of the environment agency will it. Does a favour don't tar all EA employees with the same brush!!

i will register my truck in your name then and so can everyone else that should get you your test case:001_tongue:

I've just filled in an Exemption form Bob.

I'm not arguing against them, I'm arguing they should do a better job of making people aware and not doing it through fines. That's wrong, some people guenuinely don't know.

....and Ed, it will do nothing to stop illegal movement of dodgey waste or flytipping, what they do is illegal anyway and is a heavier fine for them if they get caught. A bit of paper with a piddley fine if you haven't got one is going to do nothing for fly tipping.

I wish it would though

also you'll now find a mobile EA office in most VOSA/Police roadside checks along with HMRCE

I haven't been pulled in ten years, what'd they expect you to do read up on every peice of legislation passed for everything.

It would be interesting to guage what revenue this brings in,

10, or 20 million applicants at £50 per year, and we just roll over and let them scratch our balls