If You Run A Tree Business - This Affects You

Mr Ed

So what's this all about? Stopping flytipping?

It wont stop that in the same way as having an ID card wont stop terrorism. No, its just another STEALTH TAX and control mechanism. The good guys pay up through fear and the dodgy ones carry on or move on to the next scam.

No, its about the control and traceability of waste materials.

Most people who know me can attest to my general anti authoritarianism - but I quite agree with what the EA is doing.

Picture this. Pikey truck is tootling down the road with a pile of brash in the back. with the new regs, they can be stopped and asked to prove they are legally carrying that material. If they cant proove it, wahay, truck gets confiscated and a heavy fine.

Works for me.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Picture this. Pikey truck is tootling down the road with a pile of brash in the back. with the new regs, they can be stopped and asked to prove they are legally carrying that material. If they cant proove it, wahay, truck gets confiscated and a heavy fine.

Works for me.

Okay so he buys his Licence, the STEALH TAX is paid and he still flytips. The bad guys are always one step ahead. Its only the good guys who get inconvienced.

QUOTE=porky;65683][Picture this. Pikey truck is tootling down the road with a pile of brash in the back. with the new regs, they can be stopped and asked to prove they are legally carrying that material. If they cant proove it, wahay, truck gets confiscated and a heavy fine.

Works for me.

Okay so he buys his Licence, the STEALH TAX is paid and he still flytips. The bad guys are always one step ahead. Its only the good guys who get inconvienced.

:banghead: at the end of the day its your call, the advice is there, the forms are there, the laws are there. You decide.

Thanks Ed for the info.

I recall this subject being argued previously in a reality show on channel arb.

many legal greenwaste depots are now only taking arisings from legal carriers good job too. Now the pressure needs to be put on those who tip and burn in paddocks and farms.

Being professional extends futher than NPTC insurance and shiny karabiners.

many legal greenwaste depots are now only taking arisings from legal carriers good job too. Now the pressure needs to be put on those who tip and burn in paddocks and farms.

There shouldn't be any need for small arb companies to pay for tipping that you don't know whats going to happen to it or to burn

All my chip is given away free, to householders to use as mulch, I have a sign saying "free chip help yourself" and the chip pile remains at a constant, it goes out as fast as it comes in. I have two or three landscapers that take about six ton per week on average.

Now the pressure needs to be put on those who tip and burn in paddocks and farms.

QUOTE]

??? why is this not deemed professional? Cannot quite see how burning of green waste, as opposed to chipping or shredding is an issue, so long as its carried out responsibly. Burning has been the traditional method of waste disposal for aeons, and in fact is probably more environmentally friendly than a diesel burning chipper.

PS its also less likely to spread fungal spores if its burned than if chipped, then spread around healthy trees in future. Burning also creates potash, a valuable nutrient for plants.

PPS and you cant cook on a chipper

Some people on here think its good because they believe it will wipe out rouge traders.

Thats just nieve at best. All that will happen is the more we accept new legislation the more it will hurt our business in future.

Bigger firms may survive but they will hike prices so the pikeys will return in force and start the cycle all over again.

Price is the main factor in our business the more legislation we have to pay for the more were pricing ourself out our own market.

I do not agree chip should be classed as waste a fully recycle my chip how the hell is it waste.

I really get rattled by this we should have the right to vote for legislation that directly affects us not let some idot who cant mow the grass make decisions.:thumbdown::thumbdown:

I know a rant on sometimes but im busting my ass competing with 101 tree firms making it harder really pisses me off.

I want to be squeeky clean but they just move the goal posts every year something new next our chainsaws will need smog tests.

Were does it end the small companies offering value for money wiped out leaving the big greedy companies to keep ripping people off.

This sucks the small business is being strangled......