MS201T - chain tension

arbogrunt

I got one of Stihl's new offerings at the Arbshow. I noticed when the saw picks up on the throttle, in acts and sounds like the chain is too tight, even when set much looser that I'd normally use it. I've tried filling the plastic blocks on the side plate/body down and removing one of them to no avail. I got the chance to check out a mates 201T yesterday and his has the same symptoms. Is this just down to the saw design?...once the revs pick up its not a problem, but I'm wondering if this is putting strain on the clutch when running up?....

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found exactly the same with my new one also. it feels like to chain is too tight for the bar and it pinches, doesn't seem like it would do the bar any good. i was taking down decent size tree the other day and found that the bar and chain stops in cut due to this...and it happens often.

I also find that after using full tank of fuel..that i have barely used 1/4 of oil..which is strange.

wishing i got a 200t now. :thumbdown:

Cant wait until this husky comes out now. Played with one at Royal Cornwall Show.....very nice. And the husky guy assured me it was going to be august........not that we havent had promises about this saw before mind you.....

quote from another forum - climber in Holland who has been using the saw for the last few weeks -

'On Thursday I'm taking the saw back to the shop to have some tweaks done.

The saw vibrates more than the old model and the saws clutch smothers regularly. This is mainly if not totally to be blamed on the new chain. The 'old' model chain goes back on to tackle these 'issues'.

Also the factory standard limiter is going to be removed and a adjustment on the carburettor is going to be made to make it run on a mix that's richer. These last two 'issues' can not be done without special tools.'

quote from another forum - climber in Holland who has been using the saw for the last few weeks -

'On Thursday I'm taking the saw back to the shop to have some tweaks done.

The saw vibrates more than the old model and the saws clutch smothers regularly. This is mainly if not totally to be blamed on the new chain. The 'old' model chain goes back on to tackle these 'issues'.

Also the factory standard limiter is going to be removed and a adjustment on the carburettor is going to be made to make it run on a mix that's richer. These last two 'issues' can not be done without special tools.'

I've been running the new chain on my ms200 with no issues whatsoever, just improved performance!!!!!!!!