MS201T - chain tension

arbogrunt

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 200 was really p-ing me off today. Its really past its sell by date, but it has been so troublesome that i dont really want another. The last one wasnt excellent either. And like huck says, the new 201 sounds terrible. I just hope that the august release that husky rep was on about to me is true, and that the saw is as good as it feels, coz i'l have one of those if it is. They are very very pricey though...

IMO you avoid anything new until it has all the bugs removed, I work for a German firm and they say their engineers are the best.....Mmmm - I can tell you they are not - in my days of manufacturing they had no idea on how our progression press tools worked -they were hard work TBH.

The MS200 has a few issues, mostly on the carb, there is one with the pump on the pumped carb and I have found another on the non pumped version but if you are aware of these and know your way round saws, they are a tough little work horse with plenty of welly and are relatively easy to work on, the design has come from years of development from the 20AV and 20T and nowerdays there is too much given to reducing cost at the detriment of strength and durabillity.

Just my opinion - time will tell...................

how much is pricey tommer,

i thought about that 2 huck but what about the 2014 fuel regs if this new 201 is bad news and the husky turns out even worst i can't see them making another saw before the fuel reg date to compensate the crap they always produce. i love the idea of putting the older carbs on the 200 though. just getting hold of them.

@ majestic:

£649 before discount!!!!!!!!!

At the moment I am treating it as no more than specualtion though. The rumours about this saw have been many and continuous for ages now. It say £649 in thei rliterature, but there have been alot of things said about it which have turned out not to be true.......like release dates:sneaky2:

how much is pricey tommer,

i thought about that 2 huck but what about the 2014 fuel regs if this new 201 is bad news and the husky turns out even worst i can't see them making another saw before the fuel reg date to compensate the crap they always produce. i love the idea of putting the older carbs on the 200 though. just getting hold of them.

It will only be an offense to sell them, not use them.