30,th of june strike action

Johny Walker

I don't doubt that teachers work hard, but I fail to see why I should subsidize their pensions.

The public sector has been underpaying their pension plans for years, all the government is doing is asking them to pay in the propper amount.

When I retire I'll get my state pension + my private pension, whatever that is. Teachers get state + private and then the taxpayer makes up any shortfall.

It's not fair. Simples

TD Tree & Land Services Ltd.

Why should I pay for your services, subsequently subsidising your pension? Please can you give me a discount for this.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife was a teacher, she is now medically retired with arthritis, she was on so many drugs for the pain that she was dolally/disfunctional.

She could have held her job, (which she loved) and salary under "disibility rights legislation" but choose not to, as she was not prepared to blight the pupils futures........ in conscience she got a generous "deal"

Not however as generous as the various other useless teachers who retired "sick" because they were crap and had to be bought off........since they could not be sacked.

btw this is a decent grammar type school, they are not dealing with oiks as pupils.

So expensive "sweetheart" deals are one problem, & increasing longivity is another.

I work in a local authority, I am still on a final salry scheme though the terms & conditions were amended recently, my pension will be "pro-rated" "X" years under the old scheme "y" years under the new.

But again within my small org some of the problems in conscience lie highr up, guy appointed to chief Exec, stays in the job 3 years 2 of these being on the sick,....but still goes out on the Chief Exec inflated pension.

That is neither right nor sustainable.

But simply, with longer expected lifespans sommat has got to give

Edited by difflock

difflock, you are correct. Here in the states the teachers unions just loss their single biggest case in Wisconsin's history. The bottom line is that the Unions in general are broke and the only way they can continue to support all of the retirement plans is by raising taxes for everyone else or have to pay into their own retirement plans. The unions said no way and the Governor of Wisconsin said yes way and had the Supreme court rule in favor of the state of Wisconsin. This single court decision will have a far reaching affect through out the land.

I was truely shocked to read some of the links I came across on Benzworld referring to the absolutly mad saleries, benefits perks and pensions that SOME USA workers enjoyed.

New York Police Dept, Teachers, and some of those loony California based "Councils" or whatever you call your local authorities on their million dollar saleries for "senior Managment"

It COULD not last folks.

Born a small farmers son and the breeding stuck, i.e. no such thing as a "free lunch" or an easy living, simply live within ones means no matter how modest, or attemt to change ones means.

I have never had the luxury of being able to strike to abuse it just be cause "I want more money and I dont want my pension cut like every body else" is being a bit unfaire on those that foot the bill. The private sector has made changes to cope with the situation and the state pension age has gone up to 63 I think (I hope I am still climbing at 65 :biggrin:)

I want more money but I know I will have to work for it and it may never come or I will have to change my job.

Is the 30 July a school day if so there will be many that will have to stay at home to look after kids and lose a days work.:thumbdown: