How much for Nissan D22 Pickup Load of logs slightly heaped up

cessna

I am trying to get some idea of what other fire wood suppliers are going to be charging this coming Autumn/Winter 2011/2012. I will be aiming for £100 for my pickup load,using bought in cordwood £48 cu,very little money in it at £100.Look forward to your comments.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant see the point in cutting it up for £50 a cube?!

I charge £100 a cube of seasoned beech.

A friend of a friend that started buying loads off me this winter kept moaning of my prices so I said come and help me for a day and see how much effort goes into making 1m3, before you even start taking in the cost of the wood, fuel ect ect ect..... lets just say he doesn't moan anymore!

I think everyone needs to stick together on prices, like most other industries. every other type of fuel is gone up by over 20-30% over the last year and no one seems to want to put firewood prices up for the fear of loosing customers. If everyone sells a m3 for £90 or more than everyone has to pay £90 or more for the wood. simple as that!

I think everyone needs to stick together on prices, like most other industries. every other type of fuel is gone up by over 20-30% over the last year and no one seems to want to put firewood prices up for the fear of loosing customers. If everyone sells a m3 for £90 or more than everyone has to pay £90 or more for the wood. simple as that!

I second this! If there are any manx suppliers reading this thread then price fixing is going to be the way forward for all of us. PM me to discuss if you like.

Initially i was selling m3 loads for £55, it was part seasoned macrocarpa that when split still needed 2/3 weeks of drying time. Once you took fuel and cost of timber out then I was making myself £20 per hour from selling it at that price. So i can see how and why people sell at that price cause £20 an hour isnt a bad hourly rate, sure better than the £7.50 i was paying temporary staff. Everyone has their reasons for the price they set, mine was that i had the supply and needed to make money to buy equipment and building supplies to start my business. Plus i wanted to prove to myself that there was a market for the end product.

My prices are now £85 but my clients have been notified that i will be charging £100 + delivery + £10 stacking/moving fee.

Edited by windfall