Contractors rates

Urubaen

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a freelance climber, I turn up on site/yard with my own climbing kit, saw and fuel. at the moment I'm on 6 days a week, £120.00 p/d + diesel if you want me to travel out with my local area. at the moment i have about 4 regular clients that fight for days plus guys who use me from time to time, i pick who gets priority. this year at some point it's going up to £140 - £160. also fit in my own jobs when I can and that's bonus money :thumbup1: pays tax, holidays etc.

I'm a freelance climber, I turn up on site/yard with my own climbing kit, saw and fuel. at the moment I'm on 6 days a week, £120.00 p/d + diesel if you want me to travel out with my local area. at the moment i have about 4 regular clients that fight for days plus guys who use me from time to time, i pick who gets priority. this year at some point it's going up to £140 - £160. also fit in my own jobs when I can and that's bonus money :thumbup1: pays tax, holidays etc.

Where abouts is "your area" Brett, sounds like you need some competition. :sneaky2:

How do people feel about using contract workers who have a chipper and chip truck and are competing in the same area as you????

Personally I'm not a big fan of keeping the opposition going, so they can then drive down the prices on my bread and butter work.

When I was a contract climber I was just that, I had no chipper or pickup.

How do people feel about using contract workers who have a chipper and chip truck and are competing in the same area as you????

Personally I'm not a big fan of keeping the opposition going, so they can then drive down the prices on my bread and butter work.

I know what you mean huck, I have my own chipper and truck and in the past I have been hired by other tree surgeons who don't have kit to do chipping it has worked ok but It has crossed my mind what you are saying.

i'm afraid that your area is saturated with loads of tree workers.... both in and out of yellow pages

No wonder there's not much work round here... :thumbdown:

i regularly get asked by other firms to come in on jobs it may be as a climber or as a team with truck and chipper , i dont think twice about it , the customer ends up with my sign writen truck there and is probably wondering how come her contractor can afford to bring in a sub contractor and still make money off of the job ! in most cases i get the call next time direct from the customer .

i regularly get asked by other firms to come in on jobs it may be as a climber or as a team with truck and chipper , i dont think twice about it , the customer ends up with my sign writen truck there and is probably wondering how come her contractor can afford to bring in a sub contractor and still make money off of the job ! in most cases i get the call next time direct from the customer .

Thats pretty shocking :thumbdown:

I am contracted in from time to time by other contractors, I have no sign writing and always limit my contact with their customer.

I certainly don't give their customer my number.