Chipper security

simonm

i like the rotties and sleeping bag option but somehow i dont think the missuis would be too happy lol...ive just spent £200 on 3 locks un a cropper resistant chain...has any1 heared of those trip wire things? its a blank shotgun cartridge in a holder round back of door and like fishing wire across the door so when u walk into the wire the cartridge goes off??? what they called?

purdeys ,they come in pairs:biggrin:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i like the rotties and sleeping bag option but somehow i dont think the missuis would be too happy lol...ive just spent £200 on 3 locks un a cropper resistant chain...has any1 heared of those trip wire things? its a blank shotgun cartridge in a holder round back of door and like fishing wire across the door so when u walk into the wire the cartridge goes off??? what they called?

Google "solway feeders", thats where i got my alarm mines from.:thumbup:

• 1 year later...

It's over a year since the last post on this thread so I wondered if anyone has come up with more ingenious ideas for chipper security.

I'll be fitting a tracker, chaining it to the inside of a shipping container, bolting the container to the ground, fitting vibration alarms to the container and the container is next to my house. The Transit will be parked in front of the container and chained to a ground anchor, my car will be parked in front of the Transit van and at the front is an electric gate.

The most vulnerable area is the rear wall of the container so this will have a plate of steel welded to it.

When out at work I'll rely on the tracker and a 19mm chain padlocked onto the truck.

Any other ideas?

Jesus old mill, I think your sorted mate :lol:

I live in a very high crime area in Manchester and if someone wants your gear, with enough time THEY WILL TAKE IT, no matter what you do, the trick is, make it enough of a ball ache so they leave yours alone and move onto the next lot. Which it sounds like you may have :thumbup1: I'd rather spend time (even if it's half an hour) unlocking things in a morning and locking them at night, if it kept the thieves away!

It's over a year since the last post on this thread so I wondered if anyone has come up with more ingenious ideas for chipper security.

I'll be fitting a tracker, chaining it to the inside of a shipping container, bolting the container to the ground, fitting vibration alarms to the container and the container is next to my house. The Transit will be parked in front of the container and chained to a ground anchor, my car will be parked in front of the Transit van and at the front is an electric gate.

The most vulnerable area is the rear wall of the container so this will have a plate of steel welded to it.

When out at work I'll rely on the tracker and a 19mm chain padlocked onto the truck.

Any other ideas?

You have to board out the shipping container as the gas axe that cuts through the walls of the shipping container doesn't cut wood..

you'd just need to make sure you leave something that they trip when they enter to let you know someones visited...shouldnt be hard

If we leave objects lying around and the criminals break in hurt themselves even though they have broken in were open to be claimed against! Like the couple who came home found there Alsatian on the floor stuggling to breathe as it had chewed off a couple of fingers from an intruder the dog had to be destroyed and compensation claim by criminal found in favour of the thieving scumbag! Where is justice today gone right down the bog troff!!