It's time to wake up - and switch to Aspen Fuel

Aspen@AAOIL

The main reason im looking at it produces 0.13 less monoxide than unleaded and only 2 Part-per notion of sulphur (ultimate unleaded is approx 10). Which should reduce headaches and fumes in confiend spaces. For the extra cost im going to give it a 1 month run with all my saws to see if it is much better. Although for milling im a bit worried as you easily can burn through 30Ltrs no problem.

Don't see what the big deal is just use it! It's the first bit of PPE that I go for, if I had a choice over using Aspen or wearing chainsaw trousers, I would go for Aspen every time, you only get one chance with your health. Just buy it and use it, once you start you will realise how bad normal petrol fumes are and won't want to go back to normal pump fuel. Who cares it costs 3 times as much I'm going sawing in my underpants as long as get use Aspen!!

In terms of Aspen 2 - if bought directly from us at AAOIL we can supply you a pallet (54 - five litre cans) with free carriage at £11.03 each - 54 would be = £595.62

Or you could buy a 200 litre drum for £421.35

(price are excl. VAT)

Aspen has a shelf life of up to 5 years and the Aspen 2 is pre-mixed with 2% fully synthetic biodegradable 2 stroke oil.

If you would like to order a smaller amount to trial we could work out a deal on the carriage.

e. [email protected]

t. 01929 555975

Thanks for the reply, some interesting responces in this thread i think i will try it and make my own mind up, can you PM me a price for 25ltr delivered to central scotland, or is there a dealer up here i can buy it from.

Is it mixed with a correct ratio for stihl 2 stroke engines?

thanks.

Some more info, seems MTBE's are now replaced at the pump with alkylates anyway, dunno if this applies in the UK, but the States now incorporate it at manufacture Next round of gas hikes won?t be due to oil - Oil & energy- msnbc.com if this is the case, why buy Aspen?

PS This isnt meant as a dig at Aspen, and if Aspen fuels care to inform us further, I welcome this.:001_smile:

Appologies for the delay - we are just waiting for clarification on MTBE's and the use of alkylate in normal pump fuel, specifically in the UK. Please bear with us on this point, as we want to be 100% accurate.

Important thing to quantify here is slippage - the proportion of UHCs (unburnt hydrocarbons) in the exhaust. Fine the feedstock might contain some nasties but with correct combustion many are destroyed. Saying that, thermal pyrosynthesis also constructs new ones, so there is an ever changing balancing act. When I was combustion engineer for Jenbacher, Caterpillar and CDUK (Cummins) in the UK, gas engine emissions were very very difficult to pin down; environmental variables such as humidity, temp., atmo pressure all play their part too and were quite capable of warping an expected emission profile. Basically, exhaust tests need to be carried out with the different fuels. The mass emission of GHGs such as CO2 can be calculated into atmospheric lifetime quantities relatively straightforwardly. Immediate exhaust concentrations / measurements are irrelevent until they have been normalised to reference conditions i.e. 101.3kPa, 0 deg C. I'm getting a bit rusty. I breathed this stuff (pun wasn't at first intended) for years, miss it a little; MTBE was one of the dudes in play when I quit fuel testing in 2002 ish.

• Like 1

i live not to far from Roberts and we have to meet up soon, so could you get us a sample please delivered to either of us and we can try it out, i was out last night on a trials bike with a 2 stroke engine and i was beside the bike for ages while it was idling and i feel knackered today, maybe just tired but now that i am aware of this i want to try it out:001_smile:

Originally Posted by Aspen@AAOIL

In terms of Aspen 2 - if bought directly from us at AAOIL we can supply you a pallet (54 - five litre cans) with free carriage at £11.03 each - 54 would be = £595.62

Or you could buy a 200 litre drum for £421.35

(price are excl. VAT)

So the cost is..Aspen = £2.59 (inc vat) a litre compared to Normal petrol @£1.25 a litre plus your 2 stroke?

That's 107% increase Am I correct?:questionmark:

Some more info, seems MTBE's are now replaced at the pump with alkylates anyway, dunno if this applies in the UK, but the States now incorporate it at manufacture Next round of gas hikes won?t be due to oil - Oil & energy- msnbc.com if this is the case, why buy Aspen?

PS This isnt meant as a dig at Aspen, and if Aspen fuels care to inform us further, I welcome this.:001_smile:

Reply from Aspen Technical Chief in Sweden

Benzene was never added, it is a natural ingredient in gasoline and is limited to 1% in Europe. Before 2005 it was 5%. Gasoline still contains benzene and above all it contains 35 % aromatics which will contribute to benzene in the exhausts equal to a gasloine containing 3% benzene. MTBE is also loosing ground and is now banned in the US and in some European countries like Denmark. Alkylate will not replace MTBE, no new production of alkylate is scheduled and ethanol with replace MTBE in some places.

I don´t know where you got this information, but it doesn´t seem very reliable.

I would be keen to know if AAoils could set up a scheme to reuse/recycle the plastic 5ltr drums as they are very heavy duty containers and for those of us that cant merit buying the 200ltr drums it does seem very wasteful and also in my eyes it does detract from the environmental benefits when i have to dispose of them at the tip as a waste product, knowing full well they will be going to landfill. This is also an issue that has been discussed on here in the past. Would it be possible to set up a scheme were by the local dealers had a bulk drum that we could then refill these out of and offer it at a price half way between the 5ltr and bulk prices so there is a financial benefit to doing this? anyway im starting to ramble but as a keen user and advocate of Aspen it would be good to see if something could be done to address this.

Many Thanks

Charlie

• Like 1