It's time to wake up - and switch to Aspen Fuel

Aspen@AAOIL

Reply from Aspen Technical Chief in Sweden

Benzene was never added, it is a natural ingredient in gasoline and is limited to 1% in Europe. Before 2005 it was 5%. Gasoline still contains benzene and above all it contains 35 % aromatics which will contribute to benzene in the exhausts equal to a gasloine containing 3% benzene. MTBE is also loosing ground and is now banned in the US and in some European countries like Denmark. Alkylate will not replace MTBE, no new production of alkylate is scheduled and ethanol with replace MTBE in some places.

I don´t know where you got this information, but it doesn´t seem very reliable.

Aromatics are pretty much anything with a benzene ring! Above suggests 1% pure C6H6 and thus 34% other C6H6 based PAHs (Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons - part of the VOC group).

Going round in circles!

I would be keen to know if AAoils could set up a scheme to reuse/recycle the plastic 5ltr drums as they are very heavy duty containers and for those of us that cant merit buying the 200ltr drums it does seem very wasteful and also in my eyes it does detract from the environmental benefits when i have to dispose of them at the tip as a waste product, knowing full well they will be going to landfill. This is also an issue that has been discussed on here in the past. Would it be possible to set up a scheme were by the local dealers had a bulk drum that we could then refill these out of and offer it at a price half way between the 5ltr and bulk prices so there is a financial benefit to doing this? anyway im starting to ramble but as a keen user and advocate of Aspen it would be good to see if something could be done to address this.

Many Thanks

Charlie

We have a "pick up" scheme for those users buying a pallet. When we deliver your new pallet we pick up the empties. We then send them to recycling facility where they are ground down into granules and recycled back into a usable material.

We cannot re-use them for fuel as there is always a danger of contamination. Worse case sernario - if they are burnt, they produce water and co2, but this is not advisible if at all possible.

In Sweden - Aspen is sold at the pump and dealers have large underground tanks containing Aspen. We are a way off this in the UK but we'd be happy to discuss the possibility of a "dealer bulk buying scheme".

We are very keen to build our network of dealers as we believe this will benefit the end user in terms of price and availability.

The benefit to the dealer is that their shop traffic will increase as users are coming back to buy the fuel at their shop rather than at the pump. However, many are put off by the low margin in fuel sales and have a belief that it's a hard product to sell.

Unfortunately when Aspen started in the UK over ten years ago there was no marketing or sales support for the retailer - so many Husqvarna dealers took it on but didn't sell it, and now they think the product doesn't sell full stop!

We believe with the right sales strategy, and at the right price, Aspen can be sold on the health benefits alone. Meaning - the benefits to the environment and machine are a bonus.

I'd be happy to chat you you and your dealer to work out a plan moving forward. Please email or PM me.

• Like 1

"We believe with the right sales strategy, and at the right price, Aspen can be sold on the health benefits alone."

right price,,,,, that's the major one for me i'm afraid....3 times the cost of the pump is not going to get me anywhere near it.... it's painful enough paying more than double what the US pays as it is...

I got one of the Aspen metal containers for £108 which holds 54 5l cans. Otherwise it's just common sense although no doubt you could get bogged down in COSH regualtions....

In earlier threads there were a couple of comments of Aspen being 3x the price - it's 2x the price of normal fuel.

Health benefits - regardless of aromatic hydro carbons and all the rest I have plenty of days using 20 litres fuel milling and the only thing that gave me a headache using Aspen was the bar oil! So changed that to a bio veg chain oil and now I can literally fit my mouth over the exhaust and re breath the clean fumes that come out:001_tt2::lol:

But I have suffered no headaches dizziness or the like since switching. No symtoms = better health. Simple as that.

just a quick comment, i was thinking about aspen today, when i first started working here, i told a few people that i thought i had increased energy levels throughout the day, i put it down to not having fry-ups anymore, but perhaps its aspen-infact it probabally is because of aspen because ive substituted fryups for chinese and thai meals in the day:thumbup1:

In earlier threads there were a couple of comments of Aspen being 3x the price - it's 2x the price of normal fuel.

I was quoting the price offered at the AA for gallon cans (Approx £13 a can), I for one do not want 200-250 litres of fuel in my garage/workshop as it would seriously affect my property insurance premiums and I do not use more than a couple of gallons in a heavy week. I would therefore want to buy a few gallons at a time and at the price quoted at the AA show it comes out at approx 3 times that of unleaded.

This product isn't right for me, I can understand people who are milling using 20 litres in a day thinking about emmisions etc but in a weeks milling you are looking at 60-100 pounds extra in fuels, I would rather have that in my pocket.

Kev

"We believe with the right sales strategy, and at the right price, Aspen can be sold on the health benefits alone."

right price,,,,, that's the major one for me i'm afraid....3 times the cost of the pump is not going to get me anywhere near it.... it's painful enough paying more than double what the US pays as it is...

Same here.