It's time to wake up - and switch to Aspen Fuel

Aspen@AAOIL

Welcome to the forum AAOIL....you have now ensured that i will NEVER use aspen.

Second that. Plus it seems everything could be called carcinogenic these days if you wanted it to be, and if it isnt carcinogenic then it will probably increase your chances of heart disease or something else.

Il keep on using normal petrol and diesel thanks :001_smile:

there isnt really much diference then between normal and aspen. 1 litre is about £1.25 just now and i havent a clue how much 2 stroke is but you are selling 5 litres mixed ready to go all singing and dancing for approx £2 a litre. And it takes the risk out of getting a mix wrong and having to go to the petrol station. could you contact me please to arrange a sample, i have just lost a friend to asbestosis and i bet they all shrugged it off 40 years ago.

if more people use it, the price will come down.

we use it here in sweden, its noticeable how it doesnt burn youre nose off if cutting down a big stump, id imagine itd be great for milling for that reason too.

if i returned to the uk to work, id definatly buy a 200litre drum-thatd be about 4-5 months of not having to go to the garage, mess about with mix ect for a start.

i think the aspen bloke has just annoyed people with the bs, user reviews would have been better :thumbup1:.

My point is more with the title of this thread than a criticism of the product, Benzene is no longer used in petrol, MTBE's (which replaced benzene) have been replaced with alkalytes as they were then proven harmful to the environment. If pump fuel already uses alkalytes, then what is to be gained from using the Aspen product? Surely it is now the same argument as using bottled water versus tap water? Of course, if you prefer to buy a pre-mixed 2stroke fuel, which is consistently mixed at the exact ratio required, then this is the way forward. At the end of the day, it is down to the consumer, and I do think it is good for the consumer to have the choice.

nice one Matty, i notice it in a tight crown full of leaf, with the 046 felling a butt or trimming buttressess against a wall and obviously hedge cutting. I suffer from head aches quite often and there are some days i have no energy maybe this is a contributing factor.

nice one Matty, i notice it in a tight crown full of leaf, with the 046 felling a butt or trimming buttressess against a wall and obviously hedge cutting. I suffer from head aches quite often and there are some days i have no energy maybe this is a contributing factor.

Yeah that sounds right steve,they are all the symptoms i had .... give it a go and see if it makes the diferance ...I dont do much hedge cutting any more and my local dealer was a waste of time for any thing else so i stopped using it..last friday did a morning hedge cutting was desparate to get as much done asap and was mangled i was nearly sick and i know for a fact i had not over mixed the fuel and it was definietly the fumes from the 2 stroke..just like how i used to feel on my big topairy completly farked with a head ache and no energy fell asleep at 4 pm only just made the pub in time for footy... !!! not good ,got a week hedge cutting soon I think i am gona switch back.. for good.

I've used either Aspen or the Norwegian Generic Stuff made by Statol for going on Four years.

In my opinion only,it extends the life of Saws,Strimmers etc.It seems to burn cleaner.I have opened up Exhausts,pulled Pistons etc and its supprising how little crap there is build up in Mufflers or on the top of Cylinder heads.

Its not that more expensive than regular Fuel plus mix.I think its about £380 for 205 liters in a drum.We arn't allowed to store that much so we buy it by the "slab".In 5 liter cans.This is the Statol version.

Sthil also makes a version,like the Statol stuff its Green in Colour.

The ammount of cutting I do with the Exhaust in a direction that I means I would inhale alot of crap is minimal.Its not a concious decision,its just how you work.

I would imagine unburned fuel/oil mix would be alot heavier than the air surrounding it,so it would soon fall downward as it cools?

• Like 1

this is what i found Mike, i was noticing fumes more when working hedge laying or clearing scrub in ditches, so the fumes dont clear at all. I use it in all my equipment but then im not using 10ltrs a day if i was then i may have to review the situation, or just inform people why my day rate is £10 higher, I work on sensitive sites and it supprises me how few people bother using environmental fuels