It's time to wake up - and switch to Aspen Fuel

Aspen@AAOIL

The 25L cans will be available in the not to distant future.

:thumbup1:

In Sweden (and in Denmark) Aspen is also sold in 25 litre plastic canister. That seems to be the ideal size to carry around in the van.

I then pour it into a 6 + 3 litre combi-canister (petrol+oil) to carry around.

The AAOIL avatar shows the 25 litre canister on top of the 200 litre drum, why isn't it offered in the UK?

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/customavatars/avatar10861_1.gif

The price needs to be reduced to compete with normal unleaded petrol. In Norway Aspen is tax free to use in the woods!! In Sweden tax reduced so still less than it is in the UK.

Prices need to be aimed at professional users not the leisure weekend users. How much would it be a 200LTRS drum?

• 3 weeks later...
The price needs to be reduced to compete with normal unleaded petrol. In Norway Aspen is tax free to use in the woods!! In Sweden tax reduced so still less than it is in the UK.

Prices need to be aimed at professional users not the leisure weekend users. How much would it be a 200LTRS drum?

Price please for bulk drums:thumbup1:

we should all be encouraged to use this by the goverment as an eco product, not just available to pro's but public too, everyone needs access to this but sadly we are not in an ideal world and this will remain hard to get, over priced and taxed to the hilt.

Just like electric cars, this fuel will be kept on the edge and not marketed 100%

sorry guys that is my opinion

• 10 months later...

I'm afraid i'm another one that doesnt believe the hype

for one thing is aspen comes premixed why doesnt the oil break down like it does in normal fuel

and secondly what are the chemical components of aspen and has any independent party done any reasearch into their health effects ? I find it hard to believe that its emmissions are fresh air and butterflies.

and thirdly what is it in the aspen that warrants such a high price ?

Strikes me like a case of the emporers new clothes , and he's naked from where i'm standing

(if i was really worried about localised emmisions - which largely i'm not- i'd use a rechargeable or electric saw)

Hi Pete,

sounds like your one of the sceptics who are judging the product without giving it a fair try.

The benefits of Aspen aren't made up and you can see this by reading what people who have actually tried the product say about aspen.

I will have to ask one of the really tech guys to truly answer your question about why the oil doesn't separate although i am pretty certain its to do with the fact that alkylate petrol doesn't contain any solvents and is also chemically stable unlike road fuel. you can mix any synthetic based 2 stroke oil with alkylate petrol and get the same non separating effect as with aspen 2.

Compared to regular road fuel's, Aspen contains only 10 of the least harmful hydrocarbons and contains virtually 0% benzene, sulphur, aromatics and olefins.

offcourse the emissions when running on Aspen aren't 0 but the difference to the emissions that the same machine would produce when running on road fuels is massive. 114 times less benzene emissions in a typical saw.

for health effects i recommend that you have a look on the internet as there is plenty of information available of the effects of benzene and solvents to the human body. ( http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg329.pdf heres one on benzene to get you started)

As for the price, its the same with any product. you pay for quality and convenience. im guessing you are using stihl or husqvarna machines instead of cheaper machines available on the market for the very same reason.

you might be seeing the emporer without his clothes on but i think you will find that anyone who has switched to using Aspen see's him fully clothed :thumbup1:

try it for a couple of weeks. only way to give it a fair try :thumbup1:

I'm afraid i'm another one that doesnt believe the hype

for one thing is aspen comes premixed why doesnt the oil break down like it does in normal fuel

and secondly what are the chemical components of aspen and has any independent party done any reasearch into their health effects ? I find it hard to believe that its emmissions are fresh air and butterflies.

and thirdly what is it in the aspen that warrants such a high price ?

Strikes me like a case of the emporers new clothes , and he's naked from where i'm standing

(if i was really worried about localised emmisions - which largely i'm not- i'd use a rechargeable or electric saw)

I can't believe people use normal unleaded and 2 stroke oil anymore, I've been on aspen for about a year now, yesterday I was working with a lad who ran normal fuel, it stinks, I couldn't believe the difference, I forgot that horrible smell of fumes that u get from normal fuel, I felt sick after 10 mins.

I have used aspen once in the past - the other team we used to share a workshop with in my last job was on it so we used it intermittently when we borrowed fuel from them.

and to be frank I didnt really notice any difference - fuels fuel , and while the exhaust may smell a bit nicer so long as you arent working in an enclosed space you shouldnt be breathing your exhaust gasses to a serious extent anyway.

I also have a hard time buying the ' theres no solvents in aspen' line as petrol is itself a solvent - so you are essentially saying aspen isnt petrol , in which case what is it ? - which goes back to my question about what the actual chemical make up of aspen is, and whether anyone independent has looked at the health/environmental ramifications of those chemicals.

Also whats the whole carbon/polutant footprint look like when you consider the manufacture and distribution side in toto - I am always wary of these greenwash claims that stuff is greener at end use without mentioning the whole picture.

However the bottom line for me is the price and inconvenience of sourcing the fuel - I'm not trippling the fuel budget for no real benefit except for the 'joy' of driving into exeter to get another can, or waiting days for a delivery , rather than just popping to the garage at the top of the hill.