Buff- so long old friend......

they are great dogs SWB, good choice.

Mine will be whatever needs me when i go look, I love the thought of not just a rescue case but the ones that dont stand a chance due to having behavioural problems.

Buff was mental aggressive when i first took him on, was a loving softy after a year of hard work and lots of good walks and lovin, when i took him for a visit to the rescue centre they hardly recognised him as the same dog!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad loss there,I know the pain. Looks like you shared a lot of love and good times with Buff.

A lot of my fondest memories will be of my many adventures with Buff, we have walked for many days together, been on some awsome fishing trips and also spent a lot of time messing about with bits of rope, certain am i this is what started my tennis elbow!

strong as a shire horse that dog:biggrin:

Chin up Tony, sounds like it was Buffs lucky day when you walked into the rescue center. You must have restored Buffs faith in human kind, which will have taken away his aggression.

As David says, when the time is right, you offer could another dog, who's down on his luck, a chance to find a happy life and true friendship.

Buff was rejected four times before I found him, he had been in kennel at the rescue for 18 months or there abouts. It was my sister hazel that saw him first, she called me up to say that there was a dog there that was "just right for me" on my arival I found this aggressive wild beast of a dog trashing his kennel and thrashing wildly. I can understand why others had rejected him, but I stuck my face right up to his cage and put my fingers through the mesh and said "hello sunshine, do you wanna come home with me?" from then on I made it my mission to give him a happy life, one worth living.

Whilst it may be true that I gave him the best ten years of his life he also gave me the best ten years of mine, everyone who knew me knew that Me and Buff where inseperable, we simply went everywhere together and if we couldnt go together, we didnt go! It was me and buff take us or leave us, we needed nowt from anyone, and was happy as pigs in muck whenever we found a new woodland to explore together.

I do not envy the dog that has to fill his shoes at a later time, for he is a hard act to follow, I feel like ive lost my world at the moment.

But I will get over it, will always miss that dog, but i will find a new apprentice as David put it so well, a new apprentice and new woodland trails to blaze.:biggrin: