ArbDogs? Pics!

Burnham

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/07/2018 at 19:10, Stubby said:

Had the same thing ( the sprocker in my avatar ) . He could not work out were ha was in the pecking order and slotted himself in above my daughter . Kept going for her . Got her to feed him and take him out all the time . This worked for a while but eventually he regressed . He bit my daughter and then my wife . He was 3 years old . Sad but had to be done .

Had the same with a rottie bitch when my eldest was born. She trapped my missus in the child's bedroom for a couple of hours, growling every time she tried to leave. 

We rehomed here with an older couple, used to bigger breeds, who had no problems with her for the rest of her life.

On 15/07/2018 at 21:56, Gray git said:
On 15/07/2018 at 19:10, Stubby said:
Had the same thing ( the sprocker in my avatar ) . He could not work out were ha was in the pecking order and slotted himself in above my daughter . Kept going for her . Got her to feed him and take him out all the time . This worked for a while but eventually he regressed . He bit my daughter and then my wife . He was 3 years old . Sad but had to be done .

Read more  

Never had a pecking order issue, she loved the children and never showed any sign of gelousy if I was playing with them and not her and seemed to understand her place in the social order of our house

Sorry to hear this. We only think we know what's going on in their heads but I don't think we truly do.

2 hours ago, westphalian said:

Day I bought my puppy home one of the cats went for her and scratched her face. 5 years on the cat is still top dog.

IMG_1616.jpg

We (the missus) rescues strays so we always have new cats in the house. The dogs recognise the new cat and want to have a sniff at it for a few days (lots of hissing and spitting) then accept it. What’s odd is how some of the cats then start to associate with the dogs, coming indoors and greeting them, nuzzling them. It’s funny to watch the dogs expression as some little cat is rubbing their head with their own.

The mother of the two rottie boys would grab a cat, given half a chance, she was a hunter of anything that she took for prey but these don’t have it in them. Nurture over natural instinct? 

I dont understand the pecking order at all in our pack, the dogs could easily be above all the cars but have never seemed to want assert themselves.