ArbDogs? Pics!

Burnham

Lethal little fecker then hey [emoji6] useful tho at times, would av been a blessing against my soft ass thing when i pointed it in the direction of a rat next to my wood pile....!!!!! ??‍♂️ chuffing useless!!! Had to rely on the old cage [emoji15] IMG_2477.jpg

We had a rat problem. I have a compost bin down the bottom of the garden for all the kitchen waste, Jasper kept hanging around it, when I investigated, one of the vents had been gnawed into a larger entrance size hole.

I started to rock the bin and watched as the rats pop their heads out one by one, only to be grabbed and shook violently from side to side, he loves rats!

• Like 3

Bubba, who I have rechristened Bubbles, is so different from her sibling Boudica, 

Bubbles, the one on the chair,  is the brainy micheavous scamp, and definately Mum's favourite.

Technically they are the daughters dogs, but they live with us, incl. sharing our bed.

Bubbles is much faster and more agile than her rather staid sister.

Bubbles especially  enjoys "ploutering" in a glaurhole, mud filled rut  or stinking sheaugh up the Moss, during their daily hour long walk.

Her somewhat-Sow-like sister Boudica most enjoys rooting through the compost heap.

Thinking of introducing Bubbles to the local Flyball club, along with the smarter(due to part border collie breeding ) of the 2 Castleblaney Squirrel-Hounds on the chair.

I just need another pair of of Mastiffs, pref with some  Neapolitan breeding, or perhaps smooth haired Dachshunds.

mth

P.S.

My leaving certificate from work  stated "The more new people I meet, the more I love my Dogs"

Dammned right too!

P.P.S.

The "piglets" as they get collectively addressed both enjoyed feasting on  Max, my absolute favourite but sadly long dead Neapolitian who I had buried deep in the peat, and then very recently disinterred (bits of) when plumbing in the roof-runoff to the pond.

Due to the peat the body had not particularly decomposed, all fatty-white and apparently quite delicious.

Especially since they were rooting through freshly dug rank peat moss in pouring rain to find the tasty morsels.

Clean they were not!

But happy they were.

Edited by difflock
  • Like 2

Aggie is nearly 10 now and slowing down quite quickly, just over 2yrs ago she was diagnosed with nasal cancer after she suffered blood spotting and loss from her right nasal passage which led to here being scanned. We were told she would probably remain with us for a further 18 months or so. Shes still with us 2+ yrs on and is full of the joys everyday like normal, i personally think she had a nasal infection of some sort because the smell she had in the beginning with the partnership of blood etc (it was vile) has long since gone and her nasal passage is clear again, where as when she was first diagnosed she could not breath through her right side.
But hey...... i’m no vet, shes still with us thats main thing. We’re not having anymore though after she has passed as we want to start jumping on planes and seeing more of the world.

• Like 1