Topical

Decro

2 years ago I'd just lost my Mum to cancer, 1 year ago I was in the lowest depths of 6 weeks continuous chemo and radiotherapy treatment, 6 months ago I lost my cousin to prostate cancer.

I sniggered at the joke because that is what it was, a joke. Pretty confident my cousin would have laughed out loud tbh.

I've seen a few comments on the internet gloating at the news (elsewhere, not here) and that is a bit sick but that isn't what this was.

"Humour is the best medicine" comes to mind.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

That's a very good point; there's a massive difference between humour and gloating.  The latter really is pretty sick but if we stopped humour every time someone felt offended humour would cease to exist.

That said I think the original post was a bit close to the knuckle; explaining the difference between that and humour is difficult as it wasn't gloating.  Just too soon maybe as we don't know how bad His Maj is.

• Like 2

On 07/02/2024 at 23:43, gand said:

Young lad at work tried making a joke about it all yesterday, including other types of cancer and this was in front of the boss( just been through a rare type of breast cancer, and he's the inlaw) The boss didn't say a word, but wasn't best pleased and walked off. As he's that sort of bloke. What makes it worse the lad's partners mother has stage 4 breast cancer. All I can say it struck a nerve with me and he nearly ended up with the breaker bar wrapped round his head. He tried justifying his words with some shitty argument, but it didn't cut it. He's a very clever lad, but numb as

The only issue with that attitude is as you exit your prime he'll be entering his and what goes around comes around. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

That is funny. the subject matter may not be, but it is funny.

And whilst I am not a fan of Royalty per. se. I am definately not anti Royal, and I had a lot of respect for Queen Elizabeth, I also rate Queen Camilla btw. 

• Like 1

Are there any reports from outside the twitterverse yet? I think every few years there's a sudden celebrity death that gets cycled around on twitter before turning out to be completely false.

I wonder if Prince Willy will become William V when the time comes, or if he'll take the opportunity to be King Arthur... 

On 18/03/2024 at 13:47, Haironyourchest said:

I'm doubling my money on Britain's foremost psychic... Twitter is exploding with rumors that King Charles has passed away today.

How’s that working out for you?