Business advice

Mat haire

10 minutes ago, judastreefairy said:

IMG_0447.jpeg

We subbied to Ground Control on the WPD contract for a couple of years - I had 10 fully authorised climbing arborists working with chainsaws from ropes and harnesses around live power lines day-in, day-out. Mountains of paperwork, regular site audits, routine safety briefings (days with no pay for me as the business owner but the same wages to pay etc, all part of the job!). 
It came to a bit of a head when some office-based safety muppet decided we needed the NPTC blower qualification (we all already held just about every NPTC ticket available, and had to routinely refresh these!)… I lost my rag tbh, told them we’d just leave the blowers in the yard and they’d have to explain to landowners why the jobs weren’t left very tidy. 
We don’t work for ****************wits any more….

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Mat haire said:

Are there prices good ? 

11 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

You haven’t thought this through at all, have you?

20 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

Seriously, we should all just flat out refuse to get involved in this kind of shite.

If the OP doesn't have the ability to figure where to a) buy stuff from and b) do the research for insurance needs and prices they are incapable of running a business imo. Needing their hand held - on steroids.

Shaking head in disbelief. I admire those with patience to gently reply but find myself asking if this is a wind up?

• Like 5

10 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

We subbied to Ground Control on the WPD contract for a couple of years - I had 10 fully authorised climbing arborists working with chainsaws from ropes and harnesses around live power lines day-in, day-out. Mountains of paperwork, regular site audits, routine safety briefings (days with no pay for me as the business owner but the same wages to pay etc, all part of the job!). 
It came to a bit of a head when some office-based safety muppet decided we needed the NPTC blower qualification (we all already held just about every NPTC ticket available, and had to routinely refresh these!)… I lost my rag tbh, told them we’d just leave the blowers in the yard and they’d have to explain to landowners why the jobs weren’t left very tidy. 
We don’t work for ****************wits any more….

Good for you. I’d also refuse to do a blower course

• Like 3

I know someone who had to do the leaf blower ticket, along with a couple of his guys- they were doing course set ups for water events at the 2012 Olympics and they use blowers to inflate the marker bouys! I don't know if he's done a refresher course since, I may ask, I'd hate to think he was being reckless and irresponsible  😆 😂 😅 

• Haha 1