Best commercial you can use as a car - over 2 ton rule?

Rob D

Has anyone dug deep into (or is there a thread on here) as to what are some of the best vehicles that can be put down as a commercial but are also practical as a day to day run around. Still seems a little of a grey area. I want a vehicle that I can use for work - still to the school run - and get the tax back as it's classed as a commercial vehicle.

2 hours ago, Rob D said:

Has anyone dug deep into (or is there a thread on here) as to what are some of the best vehicles that can be put down as a commercial but are also practical as a day to day run around. Still seems a little of a grey area. I want a vehicle that I can use for work - still to the school run - and get the tax back as it's classed as a commercial vehicle.

Rob, It may be worth you having a look at a long thread on " the farming forum"  (TFF) There is a lot of discussion on this subject and by the looks of it many grey area,s regarding tax/reclaiming vat and even max speed limits for certain pickups, vans etc. I think the thread is titled "best pickup" or something similar. 👍

• Like 1

Aren't land rovers minus the rear seats.

Obviously the pickup is available as a 5 seat, but is the Corsavan still available as commercial?.

Yes I know it's well under 2ton, but probably better unless you want to tow?.

Edited by GarethM

discovery 4 or 5 or pickup (wouldn't get disco 4 now though tbh as prices have dropped alot since they offered d5 in commercial and the defender hardtop)

we have a disco 5 and had bench seat put in the back, bench seat isn't as comfortable as the rear seats in my Amarok

Edited by Stihl123

24 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Aren't land rovers minus the rear seats.

Obviously the pickup is available as a 5 seat, but is the Corsavan still available as commercial?.

Yes I know it's well under 2ton, but probably better unless you want to tow?.

90% of Discovery's have been converted from 2 seat with bulkhead to a family car with rear seats. Have a look on eBay at Discovery Commercials.