DHL

eggsarascal

Are all couriers shite, it doesn’t seem to matter who I use there’s always a problem, DHL tracker on Friday, parcel will be delivered between 17:10 & 18:10, nope. Next message, your parcel will be delivered on Saturday the 9th, nope. Now the tracker is saying it’s at the delivery depot ready for dispatch tomorrow. It can’t be that difficult, can it?

I can't remember which service it was but I had one where they sent a text saying your package has been delivered with a photo of someone receiving a package . It was not me , not my house and probably not my package but I will never know !

Had a major problem with Parcelforce the other week, landed up email to CEO as no other system worked, got reply after about an hour, then phone call from one of his PA team, saying they couldn't get hold of north essex office. 

Anyway after his PA  ringing me back for the next 3 days I did get it after all. 

Have had big problem with DPD and probably got a couple of there driers the sack. 

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

Are all couriers shite, it doesn’t seem to matter who I use there’s always a problem, DHL tracker on Friday, parcel will be delivered between 17:10 & 18:10, nope. Next message, your parcel will be delivered on Saturday the 9th, nope. Now the tracker is saying it’s at the delivery depot ready for dispatch tomorrow. It can’t be that difficult, can it?

It was probably on the van but the driver ran out of time, so it went back to the depot in the evening. They might not work saturdays, they don't round here.

I get a driver from one firm delivering in the evenings, he's at the end of a 12hr shift, and sometimes he says there's parcels on the van that will have to wait until another day

For me parcelforce is the worst, as the driver can't leave the items unattended, so he takes the parcel away with him :vollkommenauf:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scbk said:

For me parcelforce is the worst, as the driver can't leave the items unattended, so he takes the parcel away with him :vollkommenauf:

And as with the problems I had can't be arsed to leave with neighbour all though delivered to them as well. 

DPD deliver on Sundays near me, but maybe be extra to pay. 

DHL are the best bloke that delivers has been in area 25 years and is always early, never does round how they set it out for him, and will always leave it in safe place. 

Edited by woody paul

10 minutes ago, scbk said:

It was probably on the van but the driver ran out of time, so it went back to the depot in the evening. They might not work saturdays, they don't round here.

I get a driver from one firm delivering in the evenings, he's at the end of a 12hr shift, and sometimes he says there's parcels on the van that will have to wait until another day

To tell you the truth I don’t give a flying why it wasn’t delivered on time, just tell me when it will be here, not sending numerous messages telling me it’s on its way. I’ve told a customer that the parcel will be delivered last Friday, I still haven’t got it. Not only do I look dishonest I’ve got to take the cost of putting a tanker in there again today. Can you tell I’m not happy?

• Like 1

I'm sure it's because of the massive increase in number of parcels, actually they are all struggling to keep up. Computer systems make it look like everything is under control but it's too complicated and difficult to make all those drops on planned schedule like a machine.

It is a bit nuts though, you have to think it could be more efficient. Some days there are 5 or 6 vans down our street dropping off a few parcels each, and next day delivery means they have to drive almost the whole round every day instead of batching areas.

Weirdly for us Evri is really good, because Roger that does the round has lived in the next village for years and years, and knows everyone.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

Weirdly for us Evri is really good, because Roger that does the round has lived in the next village for years and years, and knows everyone

And that’s what’s needed we get every foreign National going can’t even describe where the house is as they don’t understand direction 

• Like 1