Did someone say beverargino?

Mick Dempsey

34 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Yes, but minus points for create. Double cringe for hear. 

Well I've got to give you something. :)

In regards to the aldi steak Morrison's used to sell all of those cuts which were fantastic but like all big supermarkets they have cut right back. It's probably good news for the local butchers though.

1 minute ago, Mesterh said:

Well I've got to give you something. :)

In regards to the aldi steak Morrison's used to sell all of those cuts which were fantastic but like all big supermarkets they have cut right back. It's probably good news for the local butchers though.

How did I know you where gonna say something like that? 🙄 You're certainly not one for owning your mistakes are you?

Anyway, lets move on. :)

Funny you should mention Morrisons (no apostrophe required ;) :P ) I get my marrow bones from there, one of the few places outside of the local butchers that sell them. They still do a genuine butchers range in Dundee. Not seen if they do Flat Iron though. One of my daughters used to work in a Dundee butchers and when I asked them for Flat Iron they where quite surprised. A 40% discount was rather welcome though. 

Funnily enough I had a flat iron steak tonight, locally sourced from my mates herd.

In his restaurant (he’s a posho farmer).

Not the texture you’d rave about, pretty tough tbh, but the taste was amazing.

Preceded by meeting wife and kids in a local I’d walked the dogs to.

She had a pint of Asahi waiting for me.

She was on rose.

Kids all sorted for cokes etc., I got us both another one, but was rewarded with some paltry coins from a £20.

Her rose was £12.75 for a glass!

I pay less than half of that for a whole bottle of the red shite I drink.

Couple of cheeky cans in the workshop and 6 pints of Pilsener with the meal and here we are.

With my internet mates.

Wife in a strop because she said she has two problems with me.

1) I don’t listen.

2) Some other old shite she was chattering on about.

Cheers.

IMG_8214.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

We where out rock pooling with the kids today so no kitchen stove on. I had to juggle onion rings, tripe cooked chips, garlic fried mushrooms, fried tomatoes and my life would not be worth living if the steak was not medium rare with a nice caramelisation on the crust, all on a single ring induction hob and an air fryer. 

I was not going for finesse to get the second bottle out. 😁

‘Were’

• Like 2
  • Haha 9