Nicola Bulley missing ...

Stubby

1 hour ago, Mesterh said:

My thoughts on what happened are that maybe her dog went into the river,

The police specifically mentioned that the dog was dry and hadn't been in the water as Stubby said.

Terrible situation for the kids especially, poor wee souls.

While you don't wish her to have come to harm on one hand, it would be horrendous if she's staged her own disappearance and put the family through this wilfully.

6 minutes ago, coppice cutter said:

The police specifically mentioned that the dog was dry and hadn't been in the water as Stubby said.

Terrible situation for the kids especially, poor wee souls.

While you don't wish her to have come to harm on one hand, it would be horrendous if she's staged her own disappearance and put the family through this wilfully.

I dunno how long it takes for a dog to dry off and maybe it didn't go into the water but she did. Who knows but it must be a terrible time for the family, especially the young kids.

It would be far more horrendous if she has been abducted.

2 likely options, either she fell in the river as the Police have suggested, or the Police have a notion of foul play and put the "fell in" story out so as to attempt to trick the perp into relaxing and revealing something. As they have successfully done in other cases, or so I understand. I do feel for the children, obviously.

Edited by difflock
  • Like 2

This incident is only a mile or so from me and its certainly brought a community together, I know and have spoke to several people who Nicola and all have said the same thing, what a nice women she is, what i can tell you all, is the area where she went missing from i know very well and some of the early photos and reports where far from accurate, first thing i heard on the saturday night was a coat ,a handbag, phone and dog lead where found by the river then there was the 2 photos of 2 different benches, both i know well, one of the benches if you fell in the river there you would hardly get wet, but at the other one it would be a different story all together and this bench is now confirmed as the bench where Nicola,s phone and dog lead along with her dog where found,, i and many other locals are not convincied that she has fallen in the river ?? its as Stubby says about the dog, even if it was milling about say 50/60/70/80 yds away that dog would of heard the comotion if she had fallen in and the dog would of been there ?? my labs i sit in front of me when out flighting ducks and then just watch the dogs, there heads move, ears twitch and then 30 secs later ducks drop in to pond !!, so the theory of her going in i think is very low, Then there is the phone found on the bench and logged in to a call but muted ?? i think some one has approached her and she has muted the phone to talk to who ever approached her ?? then has she been abducted ?? we dont know anything yet, on monday i mate of mine was out shooting and was talking to one of the othere lads who used to be the coxwain on the lifeboat at Fleetwood and i totally agree with his theory that if she has gone down the river and out to sea it will be 2-3 mth before she reapers, but we all hope she turns up safe and well and we will just have to wait for the outcome, its a very sad situation where the local s have rallied round and all pulled together to help as much as possible,, 

• Like 5

There was a guy last year who went missing in Cullen walking back to his house. His body was found a few weeks later washed up on a small Orkney island.

Given the expanse of ocean, it seems amazing he was found

cullen-orkney.thumb.jpg.f9b7b82ce7f9a99d25c4b45ff85a4051.jpg

(obviously he didn't go by road!)

I am like everyone here drawn in to this mystery.  I assume as has been stated that the police know more, but if that was the case then surely the Grandparents and family would be taking a different line.

Last November a young lad was killed after hitting a tree after a dangerous bend right by our farmyard.  I am still trying to work out how it could have happened.  The Mini looked as though it had been hit by a truck, and when I first saw it I thought it was a convertible.  Glass was embedded six feet up in the tree and I found glass that had been thrown 20 yards into the copse.  There was not a mark  on the road and the soft grass verge was untouched.  The line of hollies I had just put in with bamboo canes were untouched, one right by the car.

The car itself had actually gone round the worst part of the bend.  If you were driving over 40 it would be too fast but the way it hit the  tree it must have been going faster than that.

It honestly looked as though the car had been picked up by some force and taken to the tree

The couple in the cottage came out and were very upset to find the lad dead but without a mark on him, checked for a pulse and breathing but concluded his neck had been broken.

I go round that corner sometimes many times a day and it is still a mystery to me and much on my mind, especially as his distraught family and girlfriend still keep leaving flowers and messages by the tree.

I suppose some things will remain a mystery

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billhook said:

I am like everyone here drawn in to this mystery.  I assume as has been stated that the police know more, but if that was the case then surely the Grandparents and family would be taking a different line.

Last November a young lad was killed after hitting a tree after a dangerous bend right by our farmyard.  I am still trying to work out how it could have happened.  The Mini looked as though it had been hit by a truck, and when I first saw it I thought it was a convertible.  Glass was embedded six feet up in the tree and I found glass that had been thrown 20 yards into the copse.  There was not a mark  on the road and the soft grass verge was untouched.  The line of hollies I had just put in with bamboo canes were untouched, one right by the car.

The car itself had actually gone round the worst part of the bend.  If you were driving over 40 it would be too fast but the way it hit the  tree it must have been going faster than that.

It honestly looked as though the car had been picked up by some force and taken to the tree

The couple in the cottage came out and were very upset to find the lad dead but without a mark on him, checked for a pulse and breathing but concluded his neck had been broken.

I go round that corner sometimes many times a day and it is still a mystery to me and much on my mind, especially as his distraught family and girlfriend still keep leaving flowers and messages by the tree.

I suppose some things will remain a mystery

Nicola,s case is a very strange one, one local lad I shoot and fish with had gone to a filling  station on the Wednesday night (25th Jan) and he said there was a guy there and  when he first  so him, he just thought don't come taking  to me , however he did, he said he was not local and was very strange, and you defiantly would not leave your kids with him fir any mire than 30 seconds so this guy has been reported to the police and they where straight on it with the cctv from the garage but this strange guy has not been identified or his where abouts traced yet,, 

9 hours ago, scbk said:

There was a guy last year who went missing in Cullen walking back to his house. His body was found a few weeks later washed up on a small Orkney island.

Given the expanse of ocean, it seems amazing he was found

Coastguard, search and rescue, lifeboat people, will tell you that the sea always gives up it's dead.

If she went to sea, the body will eventually wash up somewhere in a few weeks or even months.

Seems a brutal thing to say but it's just the harsh reality.

Interestingly her sister is claiming that the police theory of her failing in the river is purely hypothetical, there is absolutely no evidence to support it, and she is urging everyone to remain vigilant.

I'm guessing there's a fair bit of stuff relating to the disappearance that we're not being told, and if that's how it needs to be to help things then so be it.