BUYERS BEWARE

forestry

Morning,

This is a warning to anyone who is approached by a Hugh Alcorn trading as Trans Global Timbers operating out of the Czech Republic.

He will promise you good prices and quick dispatch dates on beech firewood, the reality is you will pay 50% on placement of the order and the balance on dispatch which will not happen. The reality for me was €14500.00 for 2 truck loads upfront with dispatch due in November, every week since he has had another excuse for not dispatching.

I am now left with no alternative other than paying him a visit !

Anyone else who has been conned by him please get in touch with me.

• Sad 6

The website looks legit, am guessing it is a real person - unless scammers have suddenly got an attention to detail. Suspect he is in over his head promising sales he can't deliver rather than just out to take money. Still, for a decent business you would expect a dialogue and some guilt on their part

• Like 1

Quick check, they are listed at companies house and have a registered address, that is where the good news ends.

The registered address has numerous companies running out of the same address so it looks like a single office looking after the post for a multitude of dodgy businesses. 

The last time I saw this it was a guy in Bournemouth running a white goods service company who took my old man for £350 and am sorry to say, this guy is using exactly the same London address.

FIND-AND-UPDATE.COMPANY-INFORMATION.SERVICE.GOV.UK

TRANS GLOBAL TIMBERS LTD - Free company information from Companies House including registered office address, filing history, accounts, annual return, officers, charges, business...

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

That company looks to be set up to be 'Spongebobbed'. IMO you won't be getting your money back. Confirmation statement being overdue is massive red flag. There are many other red flags. 

I'd not recommend anyone does business with that company. Their accounts have what appears to be their accountants address on; might be worth a call. 

All above presumes you did business with the UK Ltd of the same name, with same director name. 

• Like 1