Electric Option ??

Johnsond

2 minutes ago, Johnsond said:
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

An East Kilbride firm aims to be the first to produce a car at scale in Scotland since the 1980s.

Looks interesting, let’s hope it gets off the ground. Although it does remind me of Army NI Land Rovers.  

What ever happened to the Rivion pickup trucks ? The spec on them looked good .

57 minutes ago, Stubby said:

What ever happened to the Rivion pickup trucks ? The spec on them looked good .

I think they are out there in the US, not so sure about options here. Only thing with that Munro vehicles truck is I think we know in reality it’s gonna be absurdly expensive. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

Here is one you can actually buy in the UK but rubbish towing capacity.

Rivion is pretty posh, large and expensive!

WWW.MAXUS-NORTHSIDE.CO.UK

SAIC/Maxus also do an electric panel van with the same towing weights, but they've messed up imo by making it 3500kg gvw, when the uk law allows 4250kg in electric.

Obviously, they've built it for worldwide markets

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, scbk said:

SAIC/Maxus also do an electric panel van with the same towing weights, but they've messed up imo by making it 3500kg gvw, when the uk law allows 4250kg in electric.

Yep. I was interested in the E-deliver 3 chassis cab version to make a log delivery truck but need 1000kg towing for the processor. The Panel van version can tow 1000kg but chassis cab only 600kg.

Needs sorting out as clearly electric motors are perfect for towing in that they have loads of torque. 

16 hours ago, scbk said:

But you need specific approved training to drive under that exemption.

Is it not only 5hrs training? If it's anything like hgv cpc it would be mainly drinking coffee and instructions on ratchet straps :vollkommenauf:

Atleast it's extra work for the instructors that lost out on b+e tests 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

Looks cool and practical but 7 hours to charge at over 6kw input to go 100 kms offroad towing doesn't quite cut it imo.

Rightly or wrongly I'm still holding out for a viable hydrogen vehicle. Til then I'll stick with my dirty diesels.

Has anyone figured out what to do with all these old lithium batteries after they expire yet? We hear so much "green" speak and "circular economy" stuff yet the reality is just the postponement of pollution unless there is a viable way of fully recycling these cells.

• Like 3

Hydrogen  makes alot more sense its a shame it seems not to  have being developed much as it needs more infrastructure spending.

Japan were/are all set on hydrogen but  it seems to have being   shelved  globally as electric won out.

INTERESTINGENGINEERING.COM

Hydrogen fuel cell cars emerged as an alternative to both the electric and combustion engine vehicle in the early 2000s...

Mistake imo

Edited by Stere