Does this qualify as a shit day?

Bocca

I remember working with a couple of lads years ago , and when we got in to the truck for lunch before long one guy says can you smell dog poo ?   no we say !...bit of silence then again he says ,are you sure ? so we check our boots etc and again reply no...I am sure I can smell it he says !! getting a bit agitated ...then we realised that he could smell it because when he coiled his rope he must of got some on his hand and then wiped his nose with his hand and had poo on his top lip !!!  he was not as amused as us !!  as he ran to the river to wash it off 😂😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Yup, that's a shit day.

I you've just got the multisaver can I suggest you set it longer? If you let the rings be lower than the branch on the right then when you move around the stem side to side, your rope won't rub on the branch just on the rings.

Maybe not the best spot to explain it but keeping the loop as long as you can will sometimes save a lot of rubbing against branches.

Also the lump of shit would fall out.

1 hour ago, GarethM said:

If you put an apple in the mouth of a roasted pig, roasted dog is probably more leg of ham I would assume.

Like a deconstructed 2/3 bird roast ?.

I assume it's much like fox, which I haven't eaten either. Not knowingly anyway. I have had Chinese takeaways...

3 hours ago, Bocca said:

Climbing a Lebanese Cedar today. Get to the top, get a cambium saver set up and then come back down for lunch.

Were you on day rate?

These days if I turn up and the garden has been carpet bombed I get the big blower and clear our route. I often direct it towards the patio door.

Depending on who I'm working for some find it funny and others are mortified. Fair game I reckon. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Bocca said:

Climbing a Lebanese Cedar today. Get to the top, get a cambium saver set up and then come back down for lunch. I’ve just bought a MultiSaver from Teufelberger. So I take that back up the tree with me to install it. Fiddle about with it for abit, and end up repositioning it a couple times. Then start getting some branches on the deck. 

Every so often I get a whiff of dogshit. The garden was a minefield but we had cleared it all up in the morning so my first thought is maybe we’ve missed abit and I’ve got some on my boots. Quick look and can’t see anything so I carry on working. 15 mins later get another whiff. Can’t for the life of me figure out where it’s coming from. 

Until it’s time to get out the tree and I get back to my anchor. Somehow, some way, a turd has hitched a ride up my climbing line and settled on one of the rings on the cambium saver. It’s then been glossing a very fine coat of dog shit on my rope ever since. Not enough to smear or squash itself. But enough to hit my nostrils every 15mins. 

Answers on a postcard please. 

0A28D5D1-575F-4F73-BC6A-2D003169691B.jpeg

You've got to upload that to the throw line blues Instagram page with the 'throwline poos' heading. There's loads of throw line and retrieval fails on there but I don't think any as bad as this. Even after a wash it always seems like you can always smell a shitty rope. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AHPP said:

It won't surprise you that I've seen that and have a lot in common with the bloke.

Not in the slightest! Ive horrified some of my other half's vegan friends with the same video.

I haven't gone further than pheasent, rabbit or venison myself, but then I've never known real hunger.

He's odd, no denying that, but in my opinion kinda likable.

• Like 1