Chainsaw trousers

mowingjamie

On 25/11/2022 at 22:02, Mark_Skyland said:

Are the stihl advance xflex that you own type c or a?

The stihl x light, and I'm going to provide a link to my site for no other reason than to provide some further info  :) are extremely light and breathable type a trousers. They certainly aren't as hard wearing as many other trousers but they may be suitable for you're requirements

SKYLANDEQUIPMENT.COM

Made from ultra-light, extremely breathable AVERTIC™ pro lite cut protection developed...

What I will suggest though is that you buy local, find a local supplier even if they aren't that local as its always better to try on before you buy. 

Cheers, will they be far lighter being type a I guess? I persume enough protection than a type c for just my use?

Type a are are a fair bit lighter but also less restrictive and a lot cooler in the summer. Type a are fine for ground use, they have the protection in the front of the legs. Type c are recommend for use whilst tree climbing for afaik only in the UK. Why it's required only in the UK only (I don't mind being corrected if our international cousins can elaborate)I'm not sure about.

On 26/11/2022 at 10:48, JLA1990 said:

Buy a pair of Arbortec breathflex pro - you’ll feel really sexy and won’t want to take them off. 

Arbotec are shite, don't waste your money.

I really like SIP. I've had a few pairs of the Canopy Air. I get 18 months heavy use so they should last you a lot longer.

It all depends on your build and budget though.

I personally think that Pfanner are overrated. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

I think you have to draw a distinction between the normal arbotecs which seem to tear while you're getting out of the van, and the pro version which are made from much much tougher materials.

They did seem to whack the price up last year though so not that much less than pfanner when shopping long leg, so I went for pfanner.

The Arbortec Pro do seem a whole lot better than the originals. I’ve seen the originals disintegrate at the crotch on a 5 day training course.

• Like 1