Chainsaw trousers

mowingjamie

The oregon chaps are very good and practical. Ideal for occasional users who only need protection for a small amount of time in the garden with a chainsaw then easy to unzip and remove to get on with other jobs. You are more likely to slip on a pair of chaps for the odd few cuts, than you are to put on full trousers which entails removing boots, existing trousers and then putting boots back on again. A lot of people wouldnt bother just for a few cuts and thats when accidents happen. Chaps can give all round protection, are lighter than full trousers, one size fits all, are cheaper, and are easy to take on and off in a garden without going in the house to faff about getting changed.

Edited by pleasant

4 hours ago, mowingjamie said:

Hi all, looking for recommendations for chainsaw trousers to protect when chopping up firewood with a chainsaw. After some thing really flexible and light. Tried the stihl advance x flex, fine for winter but found them really heavy and hard going most of the time. Any recommendations would be most welcome!

Are the stihl advance xflex that you own type c or a?

The stihl x light, and I'm going to provide a link to my site for no other reason than to provide some further info  :) are extremely light and breathable type a trousers. They certainly aren't as hard wearing as many other trousers but they may be suitable for you're requirements

SKYLANDEQUIPMENT.COM

Made from ultra-light, extremely breathable AVERTIC™ pro lite cut protection developed...

What I will suggest though is that you buy local, find a local supplier even if they aren't that local as its always better to try on before you buy. 

Edited by Mark_Skyland
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mark_Skyland said:

What I will suggest though is that you buy local, find a local supplier even if they aren't that local as its always better to try on before you buy. 

Agree......but don't use the dealer as a type of 'lending library' to try them on to find your size, and once known, bugger off online to buy them. Otherwise next time you want to try before you buy, that dealer won't be there.

Edited by pleasant
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, pleasant said:

Agree......but don't use the dealer as a type of 'lending library' to try then on to find your size, and once known, bugger off online to buy them. Otherwise next time you want to try before you buy, that dealer won't be there.

Yes I know all about that! There is the odd customer or two that finds that whatever they are looking for is out of stock, due to past experiences.

Edited by Mark_Skyland
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I may be out of date (I fervently hope) here,but many moons ago doing my chainsaw training,we were handed a pair of 'chaps'-immediately vowed  NEVER to wear them again-dare I say-absolute PANTS,but in a bad way!and a nod to those crap gaiters you had to buckle about 3 times around already clunky work boots,and stumble through the forestry brash tripping all over the shop as you tried to make progress.Truly,the work of Satan.

• Like 1