Is it possible to get wood for logs

Hi all, just registered on this site. Is it really possible that some tree surgeons will contact me and bring some wood suitable for log burners(obviously I need to cut/chop myself).

Just curious if it's worth it being on this site. Thank you for your answers😊 

8 hours ago, Squaredy said:

You get the best banter and debate of any forum.  Also, my sons (9 and 12) say the best jokes are on ArbTalk.  There are some I don't let them see mind...

You sure about that?....

As for the logs, it can be hit or miss. I look at it as the people who work in your area regularly will have somewhere to tip their waste sorted, those that don't often might be having to drive theirs back to a base miles away - and it is these that the tip site is great for. Might be that you get loads of 'outsiders' working in your area, might be the local companies get all the work. People do get logs through tip site but I wouldn't be banking all my winter heating on it. 

• Like 2

I have had a few loads from the tip site register but get most of my wood from one or two guys i have got to know. I have a large trailer and turn up when i say i will. They load me quickly and i am away to let them continue with the work that makes them money. I get wood for my fires and a bit to sell that helps pay for fuel for my vehicle and spares for my saws

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Mike Hill said:

I have very much of the logs for you my darling.

Big and small,drying out and the wet ones too.

Logs of every shape and size perfect for log burners of all the world.

Please arrive at yard of mine to make a collection of conveniance.

My Greetings to you, my special friend,

I am a wealthy Nigerian Prince whom was wrongly imprisoned by my government but with all the gullible support of the UK Citizens I found freedom. Perhaps you have heard of my email campaign?

Alas, after coming to London to pay off all my loyal supporters, I had some bad luck. As I got off the plane I got kidnapped! I have had all money taken from me and I am being held hostage by an Allbran gang who only accept firewood as ransom.

What can you do? It is very cold here!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2